Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Random musings

Post by wart57 »

I get to leave work in about an hour today - going to go see the Dodgers and Royals spring training game. I will be wearing my Cards gear. Yea, I am that guy.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

wart57 wrote:I get to leave work in about an hour today - going to go see the Dodgers and Royals spring training game. I will be wearing my Cards gear. Yea, I am that guy.
Hopefully your seat is right behind home plate, right next to Marlins Guy.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

wart57 wrote:I get to leave work in about an hour today - going to go see the Dodgers and Royals spring training game. I will be wearing my Cards gear. Yea, I am that guy.
I used to frown on such things but since living in Ohio I have been subjected to so many Cubs fans in Cubs gear at Cardinals/Reds games in Cincy that I think it serves the other teams right to have to put up with "that guy" Make sure you are very loud and annoying and drunk by the third inning.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

The Pac 12 went 1-11 in the NCAA Tournament and Bowl games this year.
Arizona loses all 5 starters off their basketball team and currently has nobody committed for next year's class.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

But at least they’re under FBI investigation!

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
I used to frown on such things but since living in Ohio I have been subjected to so many Cubs fans in Cubs gear at Cardinals/Reds games in Cincy that I think it serves the other teams right to have to put up with "that guy" Make sure you are very loud and annoying and drunk by the third inning.
Great afternoon, my seat was on the 1st base side - I never made it to my seat. Found a spot in the outfield that was perfect for drinking beer and eating brats....

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Man I'm jealous, wart.

Chicago is cold. I'm in an office. No baseball.

What am I doing with my life?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Michael wrote:Man I'm jealous, wart.

Chicago is cold. I'm in an office. No baseball.

What am I doing with my life?
Haha. It was cold - only about 70 degrees and windy. :cool:

But, I am back in the office today.

Mrs. Wart is talking about wanting us to move to the Chicago area to be closer to her family, I remind her of the weather every day.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I’ve recently gotten more involved in some areas and am on boards where we are hiring people. Is it normal to pass up more qualified people because they might tell you no, for less qualified individuals because you know they will take the job?

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Diddy wrote:I’ve recently gotten more involved in some areas and am on boards where we are hiring people. Is it normal to pass up more qualified people because they might tell you no, for less qualified individuals because you know they will take the job?
In hiring there is a concept of being over qualified. The concern is the hire will view the job as temporary and quickly move on to something else.

In my line of work it's hard to find someone over qualified so it's not really something I've personally dealt with. If you're in a big organization an overqualified candidate might eventually find other internal opportunities and that isn't a bad thing. Unless there is a massive skill mismatch it's not something I'd worry much about.