Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

Arthur Dent wrote:Just left from my last day on the job I’ve had my entire adult life. Turns out, this generates a lot of feelings.
I’m going to have spent 30+ years at the same job when i leave in another 10+. I can only imagine how that will feel. Probably fantastic if my pension is still in place.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Arthur Dent wrote:Just left from my last day on the job I’ve had my entire adult life. Turns out, this generates a lot of feelings.
I hugged my mother goodbye on thurs, drove 13 hours (over course of 2 days) west to grand junction and moved into my new place. I'll have to hug my father goodbye on Monday. I'm in a real weird place (emotionally that is)

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Give yourself some time to adjust. And make sure you get out and see experience what GJ has to offer.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

lukethedrifter wrote:Give yourself some time to adjust. And make sure you get out and see experience what GJ has to offer.
thanks luke, for sure! I'm excited and things have fallen into place well so far (knock on wood) but yeah definitely adjustment period. Also just realization how lucky I am and how great a family I have.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Jocephus wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Give yourself some time to adjust. And make sure you get out and see experience what GJ has to offer.
thanks luke, for sure! I'm excited and things have fallen into place well so far (knock on wood) but yeah definitely adjustment period. Also just realization how lucky I am and how great a family I have.
And now they (your family) have a cool place to visit

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Freed Roger wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
And now they (your family) have a cool place to visit
yes! mom is flying into town in 2 weeks, middle brother from san antonio is trying for november-ish and i know both mom and dad want to come out over thanksgiving too though that may get tricky with holidays, etc. luckily i found a great place i can host everybody!

additionally, my new office is sending me to a conference at end of oct just outside SLC so i'll get to see some new territory as well

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Jocephus wrote:
I hugged my mother goodbye on thurs, drove 13 hours (over course of 2 days) west to grand junction and moved into my new place. I'll have to hug my father goodbye on Monday. I'm in a real weird place (emotionally that is)
Feel that, and also very happy for you.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

We found that family visits spiked once we moved to Colo.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Too bad the local Grand Junction ball club has a stick up their ass

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

lukethedrifter wrote:Too bad the local Grand Junction ball club has a stick up their ass

hah, i wonder what that's all about

i've gone by the stadium, seems nice. imagine i'll get to a game next year...though not sure they sync up with any card affiliate which sorta lessens my interest, since it's such a low level