Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Random musings

Post by Diddy »

Have to go to Atlanta next week. Just found out that Ferrari is town and I get to test drive the new Portofino

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Weather this spring has been weird. In my work softball league they scheduled it so that each team only plays 6 of the 12 weeks (double header between two teams each Monday). So far my team has played three weeks, one against each of the other three teams and nobody has played anybody but us. We played one building the first week and then the next two were supposed to be bye weeks but they got rained out anyway. Then we played two weeks in a row against the other two buildings and were supposed to have last night as a bye but it was called because of the storm. Next week we will play the team we played the first week (weather permitting) and that will be the fourth week out of our six that we are scheduled while the team we play will have only played their second and the other two will still only have played one of their six.

If all of the rain outs are made up at the end of the season we will literally have four weeks off between our last game and the playoffs as it stands right now because we are on a bye the last regular season week and there are three rain outs to make up already.

This scheduling is going to make it really hard to be at our best for playoffs since at this pace we'll be done with our season while the other three teams will only be a third of the way through theirs!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I got irrationally mad when one of the subscription services that provides us with news/video had a script about the average 2018 college graduate's paycheck. The lead was "2018 GRADUATES WON'T SEE A BIG PAY CHECK IN THEIR FIRST JOBS."

The dollar amount is more than I make after 10 years in my career. I knew journalism paid poorly when I entered the business, and pay isn't the reason I wanted to make it my career, but I'm doing well now and certainly don't see myself as "only" making so much (or less).

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I was walking down the street yesterday and saw a pharma ad on the side of a bus stop. It was just a picture of a woman and the name of the medicine, Vivalta or something like that, and it said "Ask your doctor about Vivalta." That's it. No other information. No hint about what the medication might be for.

Do people actually go into their doctor and say, "I was walking past the bus stop the other day and it told me to ask you about Vivalta. What is Vivalta?"

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

G. Keenan wrote:I was walking down the street yesterday and saw a pharma ad on the side of a bus stop. It was just a picture of a woman and the name of the medicine, Vivalta or something like that, and it said "Ask your doctor about Vivalta." That's it. No other information. No hint about what the medication might be for.

Do people actually go into their doctor and say, "I was walking past the bus stop the other day and it told me to ask you about Vivalta. What is Vivalta?"
Apparently the reason for this is there's some king of legal ruling that if you don't say what the drug does, you also don't have to give the side effects.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Arthur Dent wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:I was walking down the street yesterday and saw a pharma ad on the side of a bus stop. It was just a picture of a woman and the name of the medicine, Vivalta or something like that, and it said "Ask your doctor about Vivalta." That's it. No other information. No hint about what the medication might be for.

Apparently the reason for this is there's some king of legal ruling that if you don't say what the drug does, you also don't have to give the side effects.
There probably wasn't enough room on the side pf the bus stop to list all the potential side effects...

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Kids are out of school and the summer program doesn’t start till tomorrow. Oldesttwoarewith medoing chores and the red cows are pushing the Charolais calf around. My son starts yelling at them, “quit picking on her, just cause she’s a different color doesn’t mean she’s different on the inside”.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Diddy wrote:Kids are out of school and the summer program doesn’t start till tomorrow. Oldesttwoarewith medoing chores and the red cows are pushing the Charolais calf around. My son starts yelling at them, “quit picking on her, just cause she’s a different color doesn’t mean she’s different on the inside”.
Yup - she tastes just as good off the grill as any other.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

In 2018, this is a headline:
I Watched The New True Crime Series On Netflix Called "Evil Genius" Because People Are Saying It's Crazy And Here's How It Was

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Diddy wrote:Have to go to Atlanta next week. Just found out that Ferrari is town and I get to test drive the new Portofino
If delta doesn’t get this damn plane fixed soon I’m going to miss out on this opportunity