Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Random musings

Post by IMADreamer »

tlombard wrote:With the mess around DACA, immigration and Dreamers... is IMADreamer at risk of ICE showing up at his wedding to arrest him without any real cause based on his online handle alone? I think so.

I figure by the time the wedding comes around, ICE will be able to legally monitor all web traffic, among many other outrageous and currently unthinkable powers, and the name alone will put IMA right on the top of the list.

There is a chance my wedding will be the redneck event of the century and if that's the case ICE better come heavy because they will probably be out gunned. lol

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Does anyone else's Mom leave voicemails as if she's having an actual conversation with you? I swear they last 2 minutes sometimes and I'm not even kidding. She tells me everything she wanted to as if I picked up. No real reason to call he back.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Does anyone else's Mom leave voicemails as if she's having an actual conversation with you? I swear they last 2 minutes sometimes and I'm not even kidding. She tells me everything she wanted to as if I picked up. No real reason to call he back.
No - but my dad will still get my voicemail and say, "Hello? Ryan? Are you there? Hello?"

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Does anyone else's Mom leave voicemails as if she's having an actual conversation with you? I swear they last 2 minutes sometimes and I'm not even kidding. She tells me everything she wanted to as if I picked up. No real reason to call he back.

It's gotten better but yes.

When I'm on the phone though it's like nothing has changed. I love my mom but every conversation takes longer than it needs to

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

My parents don't do this. They have good phone etiquette. My dad will even send a text rather than leave a voicemail if I don't answer.

The only thing my mom does that kind of annoys me is send me, "how r u?" which is the clear signal that she wants me to call her just to catch up.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

My dad always calls 2x and leaves a message because he isn't sure the last one went through.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Believe me, your parents don't like forgetting sh!t anymore than you do. Give yourself another 25-30 years and see.

Just consider this aggravation payback for all the years they spent listening to you go on and on about your favorite super hero, toy, while failing to listen to anything they told you.

Life's a [expletive]. Then you grow old.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Smith Corks One wrote:
No - but my dad will still get my voicemail and say, "Hello? Ryan? Are you there? Hello?"
My Mom will say something like "I guess you're not home". It's a cellphone, I don't need to be home to answer it.

My Dad's outgoing message on his cellphone was, "This is Jim, I'm not home right now..."

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Believe me, your parents don't like forgetting sh!t anymore than you do. Give yourself another 25-30 years and see.

Just consider this aggravation payback for all the years they spent listening to you go on and on about your favorite super hero, toy, while failing to listen to anything they told you.

Life's a [expletive]. Then you grow old.
I do my best to feign interest in all of my son's pokemon stories. I play Pokemon Go with him so I have half an idea what he's talking about (and I have a little fun playing it), but he thinks that translates into interest in all things pokemon - comics, cartoon, video games, etc. The stories never cease so I do a terrible job feigning interest. He's also a lot like me so I look forward to his thinly veiled boredom with me and my concerns in 30-40 years.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

stlouie_lipp wrote: My Mom will say something like "I guess you're not home". It's a cellphone, I don't need to be home to answer it.
These both slay me because of how accurate they are. My mom in particular will do this exact same stuff.