Re: Random musings

Post by Arthur Dent »

Jocephus wrote:I live in Wichita and the job is in grand junction Colorado
That's an exciting prospect! Good luck.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thanks AD (and CofSTL), i appreciate it. trying not to think too much on it. its a step up, a path i would like to take but there would be big decisions to make if i get far enough and some of those decisions will make me uncomfortable. its actually just a relief to have the/an interview, haven't been on one in like 5 years so at the least it was a good refresher of the process and that i can get in the door/an interview for the type of position it is with my background/skill set. sometimes you wonder, you know.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Always nice to be validated with an interview after you put the resume back out there after a few years on the shelf.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Not sure what sort of uncomfortable you are referring to but getting out of your comfort zone can be good.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

lukethedrifter wrote:Not sure what sort of uncomfortable you are referring to but getting out of your comfort zone can be good.
you are absolutely right and i struggle with that, greatly

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

CardsofSTL wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Did you guys wear shorty shorts?
Pics if you did.
No. Sadly Hooters didn't pony up for the awesome orange shorts. Probably for the best. There would have been a lot of adults getting sick and really confused children around Florissant if they put us in those.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Not sure what sort of uncomfortable you are referring to but getting out of your comfort zone can be good.
you are absolutely right and i struggle with that, greatly
The longer you are in a comfort zone the harder it is to get out of it. You're a young guy - don't let inertia hold you back.

Even if it's not what you thought it would be, you'd still be in Colorado and not Kansas. :-k

GJ is on the other side of the state so didn't see too much of it. Just a bit east is Palisade which features good peaches and vineyards. Utah beckons a short drive west - Arches Nat'l Park is only 100 miles or so.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Bad news: Portland hipsters are wearing incredibly tight incredibly short shorts. ...male hipsters.

Good news: survival of the fittest. There's no way you wear those hot pants without going sterile. They are so tight you can see the sperm choking to death.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I'm still pretty hipster-adjacent in a lot of ways, but I think I'm officially aging out. The awful 90's stuff. The super short shorts. [expletive] JNCO's?! It doesn't look good, it doesn't look comfortable, it's bad.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

We went to a local festival last night. It was a nice night, Michelle had two friends staying for the weekend and we had the windows down and they were listening to Lil Wayne. Some guy as we parked felt he needed to tell us to "turn the Ni**er music down."

That perfectly sums up my home town in 2019