Post by CardsofSTL »

When you're feeling Monday....
[SHOW]
There is always Snoopy

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: Random musings

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The new Falcons stadium has a Chick-Fil-A. It isn't open on Sundays.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:The new Falcons stadium has a Chick-Fil-A. It isn't open on Sundays.
Unbelievable.
But the stadium will host numerous other non-Sunday events, including five of the eight remaining Atlanta United home games, two college football games over Labor Day weekend (plus the SEC championship game and College Football Playoff title game down the road) and a Garth Brooks concert on Oct. 12, a Thursday.
I counted 10 non-Sunday events: a TNF game, five Atlanta United games, two CFB games, the SEC championship game and a Garth concert. I can respect CFA sticking to its principles, but that seems like a money loser in Year 1.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Farewell Friends wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:The new Falcons stadium has a Chick-Fil-A. It isn't open on Sundays.
Unbelievable.
But the stadium will host numerous other non-Sunday events, including five of the eight remaining Atlanta United home games, two college football games over Labor Day weekend (plus the SEC championship game and College Football Playoff title game down the road) and a Garth Brooks concert on Oct. 12, a Thursday.
I counted 10 non-Sunday events: a TNF game, five Atlanta United games, two CFB games, the SEC championship game and a Garth concert. I can respect CFA sticking to its principles, but that seems like a money loser in Year 1.
I think they also have two preseason football games on a Thursday and a Saturday, but that still seems silly.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Important safety tip - put your popcorn in the break-room microwave and forget it...

Fire alarms suck.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

wart57 wrote:Important safety tip - put your popcorn in the break-room microwave and forget it...

Fire alarms suck.
Everyone you work with hates you. Burt microwave popcorn is the worst.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Years ago we had a girl put some popcorn in a microwave at work that might have actual caught on fire right before one of our VPs happened to come through the area. It took awhile before he stopped giving her a hard time about that. She was mortified. There were actually scorch marks on the inside of the microwave.

You'd think that she was a complete moron or hit the wrong button but it hadn't been in there very long. The bag had been expired for awhile but nobody thought it would be a problem. Apparently the expiration date on microwave popcorn isn't a joke and after long enough they will go up in flames.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

lukethedrifter wrote:
wart57 wrote:Important safety tip - put your popcorn in the break-room microwave and forget it...

Fire alarms suck.
Everyone you work with hates you. Burt microwave popcorn is the worst.
Apparently it was someone putting a tortilla in the toaster that caused the smoke and fire alarm yesterday.

Tortilla in a toaster? What the [expletive] did she expect?

Yes, everyone at my work does hate me.... because I am so awesome!

I think I will cook my fish in the break room oven today, everyone loves the smell of fish...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Someone did that in my office one time and I removed the microwaves for a week

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

The shower works just fine as shaving cream. I've never bought that or an electric shaver in my life.