Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Random musings

Post by IMADreamer »

wart57 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:I'm never going to grow up I know it. Put me in a fast car and I'm 16 years old again. So my buddy and I were out horse [expletive] around tonight and because he too is 40 going on 16 he decides we should have a competition to see who can leave the longest wheel marks. Why not? So we go to the parking lot of the school where it's nice and dark and no one is around.....or so we thought. So we both being complete children at heart try our best and after I finish mine ( I went second) out of the pitch black police lights flicker on. By this time I'm already pulled back over by my buddy and we are door to door with the windows down just laughing our asses off. The hysterical laughter you can't control. I mean we are both getting tickets for sure, but it was hilariously dumb. So the cop comes over and stands between our cars and all be damned if he isn't laughing his ass off too. So there we are in this tire smoke filled parking lot, blue and red lights flashing, and we are all just laughing uncontrollably at how stupid this whole situation is. So after a minute or so everyone sort of stops laughing. I ask the cop if he wants to give it a go and we all start laughing again. and the cop just says "[expletive] it, go home guys."

I laughed all the way home, hell I'm laughing now.
You are lucky you were not shot dude.
I'm white. I don't have to worry about that.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

IMADreamer wrote:
wart57 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:I'm never going to grow up I know it. Put me in a fast car and I'm 16 years old again. So my buddy and I were out horse [expletive] around tonight and because he too is 40 going on 16 he decides we should have a competition to see who can leave the longest wheel marks. Why not? So we go to the parking lot of the school where it's nice and dark and no one is around.....or so we thought. So we both being complete children at heart try our best and after I finish mine ( I went second) out of the pitch black police lights flicker on. By this time I'm already pulled back over by my buddy and we are door to door with the windows down just laughing our asses off. The hysterical laughter you can't control. I mean we are both getting tickets for sure, but it was hilariously dumb. So the cop comes over and stands between our cars and all be damned if he isn't laughing his ass off too. So there we are in this tire smoke filled parking lot, blue and red lights flashing, and we are all just laughing uncontrollably at how stupid this whole situation is. So after a minute or so everyone sort of stops laughing. I ask the cop if he wants to give it a go and we all start laughing again. and the cop just says "[expletive] it, go home guys."

I had a white cop grab his gun because I "Moved toward him in a threatening manner." I got out of my car after he pulled my ex wife over for the 4th time in 2 weeks and walked towards him with my arms out my showing my palms. I went off on him about him grabbing for his gun, and then went off on his shift commander.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Dove Cameron made a couple of good points for feminism today...

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

wart57 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
wart57 wrote:

I had a white cop grab his gun because I "Moved toward him in a threatening manner." I got out of my car after he pulled my ex wife over for the 4th time in 2 weeks and walked towards him with my arms out my showing my palms. I went off on him about him grabbing for his gun, and then went off on his shift commander.
That's scary AF. I'm pretty sure in our case though the cop knew we were just two guys out horsing around. It's a small town, even though I didn't know him, he probably knew who we were because everyone knows everyone.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The guy giving this presentation that I'm trying to stay awake through keeps saying the word duty. Tee-hee hee

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:The guy giving this presentation that I'm trying to stay awake through keeps saying the word duty. Tee-hee hee

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Am I the only one who, when picking up a banana, holds it to their face like a phone and says "hello" before peeling and eating?

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Am I the only one who, when picking up a banana, holds it to their face like a phone and says "hello" before peeling and eating?
Just remember it's banana to mouth and not mouth to banana and you'll be ok

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I just realized that I haven't had a single sip of booze in over a week. The last time I had any was at (and after) softball on Thursday, August 8. I'm going to correct that as soon as I get to the airport in about an hour and a half most likely. It's Friday. Might as well have at least one beer before I leave Boston. Probably won't have enough time between flights at Dulles but as soon as the wheels touch down at Lambert, I'm heading straight home to drop off my luggage and then straight to the bar. I'm hopeful that I can get to the bar before 8pm to take advantage of Power Hour!!!

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

My wife's friend that I don't like comes over too often. I really dislike it when I come home from work and she's at our place. I'm tired, I've just commuted. I just want to turn on the game, put on some music, and talk to my family. Instead I have to hang out in the awkward air of this person I wish would just go.