This is racist.
wart57 wrote:Image

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:This is racist.
Might be a feelings-hurter if it were labeled “Corn Maze for Husbands”.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

CardsofSTL wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Landlord death is definitely a problem going forward. We lost two in the last year. We couldn't afford one farm, but the other we were able to buy (it was only 15 acres) and we already owned 30 acres of that field so it would have been dumb to let it get away.

Agritourism is where it's at for sure. If you could do a corn maze, hay rides, pick your own (insert product). Also think about having an event space and possible even having flea markets or something along those lines at the farm.
Moonshine taste testing...get er done. Show them uppity city folks that wine tasting is for punks!
You kid but I get a gallon of shine every year for Christmas from the guys that buy it corn off us to make it. It will put hair on your chest. Lol

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Landlord death is definitely a problem going forward. We lost two in the last year. We couldn't afford one farm, but the other we were able to buy (it was only 15 acres) and we already owned 30 acres of that field so it would have been dumb to let it get away.

Agritourism is where it's at for sure. If you could do a corn maze, hay rides, pick your own (insert product). Also think about having an event space and possible even having flea markets or something along those lines at the farm.
Moonshine taste testing...get er done. Show them uppity city folks that wine tasting is for punks!
You kid but I get a gallon of shine every year for Christmas from the guys that buy it corn off us to make it. It will put hair on your chest. Lol
So you're saying this is actually a money maker? I get 10 percent.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

CardsofSTL wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

So you're saying this is actually a money maker? I get 10 percent.

There is probably a potential there for money. I have no idea how to make it though, I leave that to the guys who buy from us. They definitely know what they are doing though.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:This is racist.
I am Blonde - I have offended myself...

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Fairlife Chocolate Milk. What the [expletive] is this stuff.

https://fairlife.com/ultra-filtered-mil ... late-milk/

On the one hand it tastes great which is nice.

Also, it has an absurdly low amount of sugar for such a rich tasting chocolate milk which is awesome for me. Seriously, compared to other chocolate milks which have ~30g sugar per 8 oz, this one has 12 g of sugar. For comparison, that's about what 8 oz of regular milk has.

They say it's ultra filtered to remove sugar. So, I guess they filter the natural sugars out of it, then they re-add just sugar and cocoa...and a boatload of other chemicals and i guess sucralose adds sweetness.

Very....odd. I am befuddled by this drink.

Seriously, when looking at ingredients for other milks, the ingredients include: milk and then vitamin d3 which is typical.

https://www.kroger.com/p/kroger-vitamin ... lsrc=aw.ds

I guess my question is, is this even milk?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

spent 5 mins googling them. it's got a coca cola connection which is odd to me. one article did mention it's (unique/odd) filtration process but the write up didn't seem nefarious. also seems like it's an unnecessary drink/milk substitute.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Jocephus wrote:spent 5 mins googling them. it's got a coca cola connection which is odd to me. one article did mention it's (unique/odd) filtration process but the write up didn't seem nefarious. also seems like it's an unnecessary drink/milk substitute.
Thanks.

The more I look into it, I think it's almost like a diet milk. They use sucralose (edited my post after you read the original one, probably) which is a sweetener which explains the sweetness. Still not sure how they get the thickness though I imagine it's one of the other ingredients.

My wife picked some up because it was on sale and the kids drink a lot of chocolate milk.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

It's the carrageenan. That's a seaweed gum and thickener like agar agar. The lactic enzyme listed there breaks down and separates the natural milk sugar, then it's resweetened with non caloric splenda and salted, thickened and stabilized. You're right that it's basically diet chocolate milk.