wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Random musings

Post by wart57 »

IMADreamer wrote:
wart57 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:My heart is out of beat. It feels weird as hell.
you going to get that checked out?

Yeah in the morning. My doctor is gone today.
You ok this morning Dreamer?

Yeah heart is back to normal right now. Blood pressure was very high at the doctor though. Going to a cardiologist next week. The concern is two things. First I was born with a back mitrol valve of which it was thought I'd grow out of. Which I did. The second is my Dad had a birth defect in his Aortic valve that is hereditary. So the concern is maybe I have that problem. So looks like I'll be getting a bunch of tests next week. In the meantime I'm supposed to take it easy and if my heart gets out of whack to rest or if I feel pain get to the ER. Hey no problem, not like it's harvest or anything. lol
Well, at least it is confirmed that you have a heart!

Take it easy man, heart issues run in my family too, it can be scary.
Hope all turns out well in your tests next week.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

a household dryer with Wifi connectivity. Why oh why?

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Freed Roger wrote:a household dryer with Wifi connectivity. Why oh why?
So you can have an app on your phone that tells you you didn't leave your dryer running when you go on vacation.

New thing I irrationally hate: car washes that give you free vacuums but the vacuums are too weak to pick anything up.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
So you can have an app on your phone that tells you you didn't leave your dryer running when you go on vacation.

New thing I irrationally hate: car washes that give you free vacuums but the vacuums are too weak to pick anything up.
Tag on dryer says -"Wi-Fi Connectivity allows you to download customizable programs and stay connected"

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Freed Roger wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:

Tag on dryer says -"Wi-Fi Connectivity allows you to download customizable programs and stay connected"
Tech giants, Once seen as saviors, are now viewed as threats.
Now tech companies are under fire for creating problems instead of solving them. At the top of the list is Russian interference in last year’s presidential election. Social media might have originally promised liberation, but it proved an even more useful tool for stoking anger. The manipulation was so efficient and so lacking in transparency that the companies themselves barely noticed it was happening.

The election is far from the only area of concern. Tech companies have accrued a tremendous amount of power and influence. Amazon determines how people shop, Google how they acquire knowledge, Facebook how they communicate. All of them are making decisions about who gets a digital megaphone and who should be unplugged from the web.

Their amount of concentrated authority resembles the divine right of kings, and is sparking a backlash that is still gathering force.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

NY Times is on a roll with this. An opinion piece posted today:

Silicon Valley is Not Your Friend.

Facebook Enabled Advertisers to Reach Jew Haters

Corollary: If its free, you are not the customer, you are the product.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:

You got an LG dryer, didn't you?

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

wart57 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:

It was LG. We didn't buy it.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Life is Good y'all

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:
wart57 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:

It was LG. We didn't buy it.
I still have not figured out how to use the Connectivity thing on mine, not that I have really tried.