Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Random musings

Post by tlombard »

IMADreamer wrote:A very good friend of mine was arrested for allegedly molesting his step daughter. I don't believe it for one. I've only felt this sick to my stomach one other time in my life when Nic got cancer. I seriously threw up today. No matter the outcome his life is ruined now.
That stinks. I have a slight understanding for how you feel. My best friend since '92 is facing three felonies for sleeping with a HS student (he was a teacher). He was arrested in April of 2014 and won't have a trial until September of this year. He's been under house arrest the entire time (other than a couple of months actually locked up for having contact with the girl) so I've talked to him but haven't really seen him since then. He got his ankle bracelet off a week ago yesterday so maybe I'll get to hang with him soon.

I'm 99.999% sure he did it though. The one time I have seen him since the arrest was pretty soon after and I picked up a couple of things he needed and didn't have time to take care of and when we made the exchange, I asked him if he needed anything else. His response was 'a time machine.' That was enough of an admission of guilt for me.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

This week has just been a rollercoaster. I talked to someone today pretty close to the investigation and he basically told me "he did it." He didn't go into much details but basically told me they don't take these things lightly and that it's been an ongoing thing. I'm shocked and stunned. Mainly I still feel sick to my stomach. Now not for my friend but for his kids who went through some things no person should have to go through, especially kids.

So I have a question. lombard you said your friend has been waiting trial for a few years now. Is that normal? How long is this guy going to have to wait for trial? That seems like a long time.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

IMADreamer wrote:This week has just been a rollercoaster. I talked to someone today pretty close to the investigation and he basically told me "he did it." He didn't go into much details but basically told me they don't take these things lightly and that it's been an ongoing thing. I'm shocked and stunned. Mainly I still feel sick to my stomach. Now not for my friend but for his kids who went through some things no person should have to go through, especially kids.

So I have a question. lombard you said your friend has been waiting trial for a few years now. Is that normal? How long is this guy going to have to wait for trial? That seems like a long time.
Completely normal.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I'd probably just end it if i ever found myself in Ima's friends situation.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I'd probably just end it if i ever found myself in Ima's friends situation.

Yeah I'd just kill myself. No doubt about it.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The situation of molesting your stepdaughter or ten situation of getting caught?

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm dealing with the personal emotional aftermath of having done something terrible, i.e. murder. Do I run (self preservation) or face the music (personal responsibility)? As the dream progresses and evolves I become uncertain whether I've committed the act at all. Very stressful night of dreaming.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

lukethedrifter wrote:The situation of molesting your stepdaughter or ten situation of getting caught?

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm dealing with the personal emotional aftermath of having done something terrible, i.e. murder. Do I run (self preservation) or face the music (personal responsibility)? As the dream progresses and evolves I become uncertain whether I've committed the act at all. Very stressful night of dreaming.
Well good question. I would never do that so I don't know if I'd kill myself there or not. I assume not since I was sick enough to do it anyway. I'd probably wouldn't see anything wrong with it I guess? I do know if I was going to be arrested and I did do something like that I'd know my life was over. If you did it and there's enough evidence to arrest you your life is already over. Why suffer through prison, prison rape, just the complete and total shame of ruining your family. I'd no doubt kill myself at that point.

I'm certainly human and error as such, but things like molesting kids are just completely unthinkable to me.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I'd like to think I'd kill myself before doing any damage to a step child. But, killing myself seems like it would take more strength than avoiding rape. So, probably the later? I don't know.

Like you, I have dreams of being in terrible situations. Mine are more so after I die and trying to navigate a seemingly endless afterlife. It's really frightening especially when you consider that even in heaven or a favorable place all timelines never end.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Been away for a few days. I really don't know if stringing things along as far as they have been with my friend's case is normal or not but it's a tough thing to have hanging out there for so long. By this point most have forgotten about it so I don't get questions anymore but for awhile any time I ran into somebody I hadn't seen in a bit they would ask me about it and I always had to tread lightly because I didn't know how they felt about the situation. The cases are a bit different though and I really feel for you that you will have to deal with some of the aftermath both in how you feel about the friend going forward and how others will feel about the situation.

I was lucky that nobody judged me for still being friends with my friend but the cases are a bit different and molesting a step child is going to get much stronger reactions from people who hear about it and some of them will be horrible people who put judgement on those who don't openly trash the guy as an evil person who deserves the gas chamber. People are the worst especially when they are removed enough from a situation that it has literally no real impact on them. It's a lot easier to condemn a person in that case because what do they care?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I saw a post about the Undie Run downtown on FB from the P-D and of course the first thing I notice is that one of my friends is in the top left picture of the collage. Yeah, they would find her and get a picture. Doesn't surprise me one bit.