Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Random musings

Post by wart57 »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:How in the heck did the Native Americans survive the midwestern winter? It's not even winter yet and I just can't imagine being out on the prairie without heat.
They knew how to make clothes. Seriously. dude, you've gotta stop running around your property naked all the time if you're that cold.
Fire good!

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:How in the heck did the Native Americans survive the midwestern winter? It's not even winter yet and I just can't imagine being out on the prairie without heat.
They knew how to make clothes. Seriously. dude, you've gotta stop running around your property naked all the time if you're that cold.

Ah that's my problem.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Just occurred to me how over the last ten years beer has become one of those topics on which I have no understanding. You may as well be talking about tort law, or accounting. I know pieces here and there, but I actually get lost in people's conversations about it.

Not complaining. It's cool that people like things and learn new things about what they like, but I seldom drink it so I don't know what the hell anyone's talking about anymore.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

ghostrunner wrote:Just occurred to me how over the last ten years beer has become one of those topics on which I have no understanding. You may as well be talking about tort law, or accounting. I know pieces here and there, but I actually get lost in people's conversations about it.

Not complaining. It's cool that people like things and learn new things about what they like, but I seldom drink it so I don't know what the hell anyone's talking about anymore.
Getting older thread material -an enhanced ability to tune out things that don't apply or interest you. NBA, hip hop, reality tv, bourbon, wine for me, just to name a few.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

ghostrunner wrote:Just occurred to me how over the last ten years beer has become one of those topics on which I have no understanding. You may as well be talking about tort law, or accounting. I know pieces here and there, but I actually get lost in people's conversations about it.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Two full months of Candace Cameron playing the Christmas hits on SiriusXM Hallmark channel. Do people really listen to Christmas music this early?

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Broke out the winter coat for the first time today. Reached in the pocket and found a bank envelope with a $50 bill inside!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

All October one of the TVs that the cafeteria uses to display menu information and such would show something about October being National Seafood Month. Well, October ended yesterday... where was the seafood? If you're going to promote seafood month, shouldn't you offer seafood of some type at least once?

I guess they do have the square fried fish patty once or twice a week but that's not really seafood.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Broke out the winter coat for the first time today. Reached in the pocket and found a bank envelope with a $50 bill inside!
Good Candace Cameron Christmas music juju

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Broke out the winter coat for the first time today. Reached in the pocket and found a bank envelope with a $50 bill inside!
Oh yeah, I forgot, I put that there. Can I have it back?