Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Random musings

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

You tell people you had a migraine and they tell you they get those too and they have to sit in a dark room and relax. It's the best thing for it. [expletive] off with your dark room and relaxing. There are green metallic ribbons shimmering through my field of vision. My arm, then my mouth, then sometimes my balls feel numb and tingly like I hit my funny bone. My balls! I had to go the ER because the pain didn't break for 18 hours regardless of all the drugs, and I couldn't hold any food or liquid down. Thanks for the tip though. A cool washcloth? Dark room? The Percocet I barfed up did nothing. I'll try that.

If this was the kind of thing a dark room and pan flute music could fix, I wouldn't have missed two days of work, jackass.

This may read victimy. I blame postdrome depression. I've mostly grown out of migraines, at least the hospital ones. Such a painful waste of a few days. Next time you hit your funny bone see if you can get the sensation to spread to your abdomen and balls. Enter my world.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:You tell people you had a migraine and they tell you they get those too and they have to sit in a dark room and relax. It's the best thing for it. [expletive] off with your dark room and relaxing. There are green metallic ribbons shimmering through my field of vision. My arm, then my mouth, then sometimes my balls feel numb and tingly like I hit my funny bone. My balls! I had to go the ER because the pain didn't break for 18 hours regardless of all the drugs, and I couldn't hold any food or liquid down. Thanks for the tip though. A cool washcloth? Dark room? The Percocet I barfed up did nothing. I'll try that.

If this was the kind of thing a dark room and pan flute music could fix, I wouldn't have missed two days of work, jackass.

This may read victimy. I blame postdrome depression. I've mostly grown out of migraines, at least the hospital ones. Such a painful waste of a few days. Next time you hit your funny bone see if you can get the sensation to spread to your abdomen and balls. Enter my world.
Folks who never had a real migraine have no clue just how bad they are. No, a really bad headache is not even close to an actual migraine, so go [expletive] yourself and your dark room, [expletive].

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

If you don't have a jar of my Grandma's homemade dill pickles you are not capable of making the world's greatest tuna salad sandwich. Sorry about your luck

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:You tell people you had a migraine and they tell you they get those too and they have to sit in a dark room and relax. It's the best thing for it. [expletive] off with your dark room and relaxing. There are green metallic ribbons shimmering through my field of vision. My arm, then my mouth, then sometimes my balls feel numb and tingly like I hit my funny bone. My balls! I had to go the ER because the pain didn't break for 18 hours regardless of all the drugs, and I couldn't hold any food or liquid down. Thanks for the tip though. A cool washcloth? Dark room? The Percocet I barfed up did nothing. I'll try that.

Sorry you've got to deal with these; they're certainly no fun.

Mine start with seeing spots, then a headache that devolves into a debilitating migraine. Imitrex (sp?) helps a little and if you couple that with a heavy dose of benadryl and zophran (sp?) to prevent the puking, I've gotten to where I can sleep for about 8 hours and through the worst of it but it's still miserable.

On top of all that, idk if it's the imitrex or the stress on my body, but my BS drops considerably throughout this time. So, it's almost impossible to keep it high enough. The last one I had was an absolute doozy....

The first phase (spots, medicine, migraine sets in) had come and gone. But, I couldn't get my blood sugar above 100. I have a big ass jug of Gatorade Powder in order to make some concentrated sugar drinks if needed. But, after 4 scoops which is probably like 100g of sugar and a bunch of water, I couldn't drink anymore. My blood sugar was sitting around 60 and .... I just couldn't function. Called my wife, couldn't remember her name. Couldn't figure out the glucagon thing and was getting ready to call 911 when my wife called back and said a neighbor was coming over.

I'd just puked despite the zophran and was just in a miserable place; head was pounding, confused, etc. Was heating up water on the stove to make simple syrup but really struggling and figuring out how to even do that. This guy Tejuan comes over and I could tell he was not expecting what he walked into. I couldn't remember his name despite hanging out with him like 20 times a year. He had a big smile on his face when I opened the door and it instantly turned into a look of dread when he saw me. He came in and asked what he needed to do so I handed him the glucagon and pointed to it and went back to making the simple syrup which worked.

He figured out the glucagon which is little more than injecting a syringe prefilled with water into a vial prefilled with powder, shaking to combine, then drawing it back out with the syringe and injecting into the body. Thank goodness for that because as soon as I drank the simple syrup I instantly yacked.

My wife got home from work and hooked me up to an iv and I was able to pass out for the next few hours. Holy [expletive] was that miserable.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

These are teh clutch...

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

Sorry you've got to deal with these; they're certainly no fun.

Mine start with seeing spots, then a headache that devolves into a debilitating migraine. Imitrex (sp?) helps a little and if you couple that with a heavy dose of benadryl and zophran (sp?) to prevent the puking, I've gotten to where I can sleep for about 8 hours and through the worst of it but it's still miserable.

On top of all that, idk if it's the imitrex or the stress on my body, but my BS drops considerably throughout this time. So, it's almost impossible to keep it high enough. The last one I had was an absolute doozy....

The first phase (spots, medicine, migraine sets in) had come and gone. But, I couldn't get my blood sugar above 100. I have a big ass jug of Gatorade Powder in order to make some concentrated sugar drinks if needed. But, after 4 scoops which is probably like 100g of sugar and a bunch of water, I couldn't drink anymore. My blood sugar was sitting around 60 and .... I just couldn't function. Called my wife, couldn't remember her name. Couldn't figure out the glucagon thing and was getting ready to call 911 when my wife called back and said a neighbor was coming over.

I'd just puked despite the zophran and was just in a miserable place; head was pounding, confused, etc. Was heating up water on the stove to make simple syrup but really struggling and figuring out how to even do that. This guy Tejuan comes over and I could tell he was not expecting what he walked into. I couldn't remember his name despite hanging out with him like 20 times a year. He had a big smile on his face when I opened the door and it instantly turned into a look of dread when he saw me. He came in and asked what he needed to do so I handed him the glucagon and pointed to it and went back to making the simple syrup which worked.

He figured out the glucagon which is little more than injecting a syringe prefilled with water into a vial prefilled with powder, shaking to combine, then drawing it back out with the syringe and injecting into the body. Thank goodness for that because as soon as I drank the simple syrup I instantly yacked.

My wife got home from work and hooked me up to an iv and I was able to pass out for the next few hours. Holy [expletive] was that miserable.

Low bg mental dullness plus migraine incapacitaty and an acute need for serious help... Man I'm glad I've never faced that. What a nightmare.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Hand dryers and hand towels are useless waste of time and energy. But took me over half my life to figure out. A half second pause and shake in the sink is all you need. A quick pat on your pants ides if you want.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

It's cool that Google is honoring BB King with their doodle. It would be even cooler if it looked THE LEAST BIT like him.