Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Random musings

Post by tlombard »

I didn't feel too bad once I managed to get a solid 8 hours of sleep but by that point it was already 11am and I'd emailed my boss telling him I wasn't coming in a few hours before so I just stayed home. I felt bad about it but I get five weeks of vacation a year and rarely use even three of it so taking a day like that doesn't make me feel bad in the end (or deciding to leave a little bit early on a Friday or something like that). My work gets done and people get paid there commission on time and that's all that really matters.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

My very urban concrete jungle dwelling brain cannot process what's going on in this commercial. I have so many questions.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Michael wrote:My very urban concrete jungle dwelling brain cannot process what's going on in this commercial. I have so many questions.
I like tractors. I’m anti-perfect lawn. Ergo, I’m torn.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i hate myself for even saying it but amazing the difference a quick vacuum can do on bringing life back to the carpet

and i mean that literally not some innuendo

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I wonder how many edgy teens who loved Cartman ripping on Jews grew up to be actual anti-semites.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:I wonder how many edgy teens who loved Cartman ripping on Jews grew up to be actual anti-semites.
I can't believe how long South Park has been around.

I was not an edgy teen back then though, but I am now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

now they get their anti semitism from pewdiepie and other youtubers

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Jocephus wrote:now they get their anti semitism from pewdiepie and other youtubers
And members of Congress.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

You're all correct, but I was just reflecting back on the overall tone and takeway of South Park - anyone who cares is lame and to be made fun of, and bigotry is hilarious. It was a deeply nihilistic show (maybe it still is, I haven't watched in years) and I can see how it was inspirational for a generation of angry young men who moved straight into 4chan and its progeny and now are the "alt right" or online neo nazi edgelords.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

yea i couldn't tell you how the show is, gotta be at least 10 years for me since i've seen. i believe matt and trey consider themselves libertarian so who knows what their ultimate beliefs are but i do/did trust *them* to be able to tow that line of crass humor, etc but do the viewers understand that line? gotta be a fair amount that don't understand or choose not to see how the show satires things (from what i remember the show being that is). perhaps you can say that about anything. what worries me about YT'ers is that YT gives this veneer of "genuineness" because its not some big produced piece of content on tv or in theaters so people don't recognize it as a show/entertainment either.