Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

CardsofSTL wrote:Some people are way too [expletive] serious
Your Jesus jokes didn’t go over well at church this morning?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Plus I wasn't wearing pants

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Jesus jokes died a couple thousand years ago.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Jesus jokes died a couple thousand years ago.
But they keep coming back.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Not really a random musing but drunk recall (like in Beerfest) and The Hangover is definitely a real thing.

I went to the Taste of Soulard to meet up with some friends the weekend before Mardi Gras and had a great time. After the Blues beat the Bruins in the shootout I left with two other friends and went to my normal bar because they wanted to eat and everywhere in Soulard was packed. We hung around there playing shuffle board for awhile and were hammered when we left and all took an Uber back to the one guy's house where we had a little more to drink and I ended up crashing in his spare bedroom. When I woke up that Sunday morning I could not find my jacket with my keys in it. We searched the entire house but didn't find it. We called the Uber driver and he swore he didn't have it. I called the bar and they didn't have it. I figured I left it at the bar and somebody walked off with it instead of turning it in.

For 8 days I was basically breaking into my building because I didn't have a spare key for the front door. The credit card trick you see in movies really does work as long as the deadbolt isn't locked!

Well last night I decided to stop in the bar to take advantage of their happy hour food deals ($1.50 quarter pound cheeseburgers and $5 pound of wings) and while I was there an amazing chain of events happened. First a guy came in to pick up his debit card that he had left there after Mardi Gras. That reminded me of the jacket and I got annoyed about it again and mentioned to the bartender that I was still ticked that I thought I left my jacket there. She immediately said, "The red jacket you had on the night you and your friends were drunk and playing shuffle board?" When I said that was the one, she said I had it on when I left and checked the area we were in to make sure we didn't leave anything and would have called me if one of us did leave our stuff.

Well that narrowed it back down to losing it in the Uber (who swore he didn't find it that next day) or me putting it somewhere in my friend's house. A couple of minutes later one of the other regulars asked how somebody was doing because him and his girlfriend are having a baby in a few weeks. That triggered the memory of Christmas morning when I had stayed at that friend's place and couldn't find my glasses. I searched everywhere for two hours before finally deciding to check the case in my bag. I've had these glasses since October and that was the first and only time that I've done the smart thing and put my glasses safely in the case before going to sleep.

That's when it hit me, Drunk Tony puts things where they belong when he's not at home. Glasses go in the case. Coats go in the coat closet right? I sent my friend a text and asked him to check his coat closet again which I know we looked in that first morning. It was a long shot but I was suddenly sure it was there. Five minutes later I received a picture message with my friend wearing the jacket and holding my keys and asking me how the heck I knew it was there suddenly. It wasn't hanging properly on a hanger, it was balled up in the corner on the floor of his coat closet so he didn't notice it until he really looked.

I booked and Uber to pick up the jacket from his place and drop it off at the bar and gave the driver a good laugh when he pulled up and I asked if the passenger gave him any trouble. He said that was a first time delivering something like that and thought it was a great idea instead of me Ubering there and back. Either way, he got his $15+tip even if the passenger was just a jacket.

It was a really good thing that perfect storm of events happened too because when I got home last night somebody had locked the deadbolt on the front door. I NEVER would have been able to get into the building and I don't know what I would have done.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I have no drunk stories like that, because I don't get drunk. When I forget where I put something, it is because I am an idiot, not because I am drunk.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I still think it's funny that the reason I wasn't able to find my glasses or jacket was because instead of putting them somewhere stupid while drunk, I put them somewhere that actually makes perfect sense even when not drunk and that once I remembered that drunk self was more responsible with his glasses than sober self ever has, I knew where to find my jacket.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I really need to go through my corn planter in the next few days, but it's too big to unfold in my shop and it's cold AF right now. So spring come on already.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

"gaslight" has quickly exhausted it's usefulness as a word. It started off strong but I'd say 75% of the time it is used incorrectly now. and it's used too casually.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

^^gaslighting about gaslighting.