GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 13 19, 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424 ... 448  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random musings
PostPosted: June 13 19, 4:09 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Raising Canes has dominated the last two plus pages of random musings. That speaks to the power of the franchise right there.

PostPosted: June 13 19, 4:37 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Canes is fine eating the youth of today who are picky brats who only eat pizza and chicken nuggets.

-said between shouts at clouds

PostPosted: June 13 19, 5:20 pm 
just can't quit you.

lukethedrifter wrote:
Canes is fine eating the youth of today who are picky brats who only eat pizza and chicken nuggets.

-said between shouts at clouds

PostPosted: June 14 19, 8:40 am 
Perennial All-Star

Adam Raised a Cane.

PostPosted: June 14 19, 8:44 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Kind of in the same vein....

Smash burger and chicken tender restaurants (aside from the fast food chains of which there are also many) have blown up over the past decade it seems. Over that time the following rest's have opened within say 10 miles of my houuse:

Chicken Tender places
Slim Chickens x 3
Gus's Fried Chicken
Umpteen million cheddars chicken stands in gas stations

Burger places
Wayback
Mooyah x2
Davids Burgers x 1000000
Five Guys x 2

All these restaurants both burger and chicken, and it seems Raising Canes is in the same mold, seem to be targeting the crowd that doesn't want the fast food (zaxbys, chick-fil-a, mcdonalds, freddys, etc) and will spend a little more time and a little more money (I'd guess average order is $10 compared to, what, $7 at a fast food joint). And, that makes sense. The topic has been covered on here quite well, iirc. But, what blows my mind is how all these new restaurants I listed and there are quite a few of them are doing quite well. The burger places all more/less serve the same thing. Sure if you want to get nuanced, you can argue if David's or Five Guys is better and I'm sure make valid points. But, for people like me/my fam, we're not that discerning and the choice often times comes down to which one is more convenient as they're both perfectly great burgers. Same thing with chicken. But, with chicken it's even less discerning and ChickFilA is the closest place. Which makes me wonder, how in the world are they all thriving. Especially given that not only are they competing with well established fast food chains but also with each other, all of whom are targeting the same demo that doesn't want fast food for one reason or another. Blows my mind.

PostPosted: June 14 19, 9:19 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Diabeetus

PostPosted: June 14 19, 9:28 am 
just can't quit you.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Kind of in the same vein....

Smash burger and chicken tender restaurants (aside from the fast food chains of which there are also many) have blown up over the past decade it seems. Over that time the following rest's have opened within say 10 miles of my houuse:

Chicken Tender places
Slim Chickens x 3
Gus's Fried Chicken
Umpteen million cheddars chicken stands in gas stations

Burger places
Wayback
Mooyah x2
Davids Burgers x 1000000
Five Guys x 2

All these restaurants both burger and chicken, and it seems Raising Canes is in the same mold, seem to be targeting the crowd that doesn't want the fast food (zaxbys, chick-fil-a, mcdonalds, freddys, etc) and will spend a little more time and a little more money (I'd guess average order is $10 compared to, what, $7 at a fast food joint). And, that makes sense. The topic has been covered on here quite well, iirc. But, what blows my mind is how all these new restaurants I listed and there are quite a few of them are doing quite well. The burger places all more/less serve the same thing. Sure if you want to get nuanced, you can argue if David's or Five Guys is better and I'm sure make valid points. But, for people like me/my fam, we're not that discerning and the choice often times comes down to which one is more convenient as they're both perfectly great burgers. Same thing with chicken. But, with chicken it's even less discerning and ChickFilA is the closest place. Which makes me wonder, how in the world are they all thriving. Especially given that not only are they competing with well established fast food chains but also with each other, all of whom are targeting the same demo that doesn't want fast food for one reason or another. Blows my mind.

Nobody wants to cook after working all day....

PostPosted: June 15 19, 3:09 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Well I have had 16 hours of sleep since Monday but my mother [expletive] corn is planted. Kiss my ass mother nature. I sleep now.

PostPosted: June 16 19, 8:18 am 
Hallelujah Brother

IMADreamer wrote:
Well I have had 16 hours of sleep since Monday but my mother [expletive] corn is planted. Kiss my ass mother nature. I sleep now.

Congratulations. I know they guys around here are still busting ass.

PostPosted: June 16 19, 10:13 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

stlouie_lipp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

Congratulations. I know they guys around here are still busting ass.

I feel very fortunate. Lot of guys here still not done either. I've still got beans to plant, but it's raining again so who knows when. The good news is if we have to we can run both planters on beans and we can knock out 400-500 acres a day. So we just need three good days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424 ... 448  Next