Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Random musings

Post by IMADreamer »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:My wife's friend that I don't like comes over too often. I really dislike it when I come home from work and she's at our place. I'm tired, I've just commuted. I just want to turn on the game, put on some music, and talk to my family. Instead I have to hang out in the awkward air of this person I wish would just go.

Just sit down and turn on some death metal as loud as it will go. She will go away.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

IMADreamer wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:My wife's friend that I don't like comes over too often. I really dislike it when I come home from work and she's at our place. I'm tired, I've just commuted. I just want to turn on the game, put on some music, and talk to my family. Instead I have to hang out in the awkward air of this person I wish would just go.

Just sit down and turn on some death metal as loud as it will go. She will go away.
The poor lady is going through some [expletive], so I just try to make it look like I'm not irritated. My wife is being a good person. It's the least I could do: and I'm using that phrase literally.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

IMADreamer wrote:

I think this is the way to go.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Do you sigh a lot and make you irritation known?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I was watching Quick pitch last night before bed when a commercial for Christie's - A "Gentleman's" club here in PHX - came on. I was rather shocked at how much of the "talent" was shown in a commercial on the MLB network.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

lukethedrifter wrote:Do you sigh a lot and make you irritation known?
No, but that is the passive level of aggression I'm looking for. I'm trying to find a supercut of all the Danny Tanner vs. Kimmy Gibler scenes from Full House to turn on for next time. See if it lands.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

could always crop dust her too

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Jocephus wrote:could always crop dust her too

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

well...it's happening...i was offered the position at CMU and i have accepted

it's been quite a challenging week (was offered on 8/20 and they gave me thru weekend), much more difficult than i imagined but i just can't turn it down (and don't get me wrong i am excited but just so much to think about).

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Jocephus wrote:well...it's happening...i was offered the position at CMU and i have accepted

it's been quite a challenging week (was offered on 8/20 and they gave me thru weekend), much more difficult than i imagined but i just can't turn it down (and don't get me wrong i am excited but just so much to think about).
Dang dude! Congratulations! Big change, but you're going to kill it.