Deadspin

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Deadspin

Post by IMADreamer »

So many angry people on that site.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

IMADreamer wrote:So many angry people on that site.
No kidding. People actually read that crap? Got tired real quick.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

It's like watching a petulant, [expletive] child misbehave and being disagreeable just for the sake of being disagreeable for a half hour.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

"Going about about your business the right way" (and its various permutations) is a saying that I wouldn't mind never hearing again.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

JL21 wrote:It's like watching a petulant, [expletive] child misbehave and being disagreeable just for the sake of being disagreeable for a half hour.
No it isn't, stupid. You would think so, because the things you think and do are stupid, hokey and undeveloped. Hey everyone! Isn't JL stupid? And, aren't we all awesome for reveling in it?

The Internet is so full of this crap now it makes me want to watch Care Bears. If I was in sports or sports media, I'd start trolling Deadspin by saying things like "The Cavaliers aren't going to win because there's too much religious division in the locker room" or talking about how awesome Michael Bay movies are. ...hey, if Skip Bayless is actually doing this right now, I'll have to rethink some things.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

IMADreamer wrote:So many angry people on that site.
It's like a site of 100 yous. :wink:

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

If the Internet hasn't moved past the Deadspins, I think it soon will, at least in large part.

When people are leaning into it like Sharknado 3, I just think loving to hate is going to get too tired.

Kind of reminds me of this bit from Kyle Kinane:
Atheism is just like, it’s dangerous when you’re a teenager, it’s interesting in college and after that you’re just a drip … after that you’re just a drip that ruins parties by starting everything with, “You seem like an intelligent person”
I think Deadspin is in the drip phase.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

MrSaigon wrote:If the Internet hasn't moved past the Deadspins, I think it soon will, at least in large part.
Sadly, I disagree. There are always going to be the people to love to hate and be cantankerous. Just look at political talk radio and TV shows. I think a lot of people go through a phase where they think it's interesting. When they grow up and move on, there are more people just entering that phase, and the internet provides the anonymity to do it.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I love deadspin but I don't get that overall impression of the site at all. Usually its just viral-type entertainment and the occasional thinkpiece.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

This is what Deadspin is good for.

I just got so super tired of the ESPN policery, TMZ of sports, and condescension. I was also very turned off a few years ago when they were demanding that NFL guy come out.