Rave: GRB

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Rave: GRB

Post by heyzeus »

April will mark 18 years of GRB. We're legal, baby! Buy some tobacco and lotto tickets and nudie mags!

The rave is that I appreciate each and every one of you. Yeah, even you. There are a lot of times where I feel lonely or stressed or bored or anxious, and this community has always been a home to find humor, insight, and support. Thanks for coming here, even as the internet has changed and WE have changed.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Rave: GRB

Post by GeddyWrox »

I feel the same, Zeus. Happy 18th bday GRB. 🎉🎂🥳

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Same for me.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Absolutely. It's been an honor, homies, to share your company all these years and I truly hope GRB goes on for another 18 years. Thanks to the current mods and the team keeping the site hosted and ticking along.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I really enjoy this place and it's been fun to hang around. I hope it can keep going for a very long time. Thanks to the mods and powers that be that keep it going.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

My activity may wax and wane based on life circumstances, but man am I always glad this place is still here. A bastion of sanity and community in an otherwise stupid internet.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

I'll go months, sometimes years without posting. But when a major Cardinal transaction, or hell even a major current event happens, I always seem to end up here to see what people think of it. It can be hard to find a group of critical thinkers anymore.

I appreciate everyone being nice and understanding. Some of my posts during my teenage years were rough. Some posts in my 20's and 30's were even rougher. I have definitely found myself on an island on some issues but always felt like people actually read my point of view and responded thoughtfully.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

TGantz wrote:
February 11 24, 9:01 am
I'll go months, sometimes years without posting. But when a major Cardinal transaction, or hell even a major current event happens, I always seem to end up here to see what people think of it. It can be hard to find a group of critical thinkers anymore.

I appreciate everyone being nice and understanding. Some of my posts during my teenage years were rough. Some posts in my 20's and 30's were even rougher. I have definitely found myself on an island on some issues but always felt like people actually read my point of view and responded thoughtfully.
I haven't gone back to find posts I made when I was like 25 but I can imagine they weren't all great. We've all done some growing, I'd imagine, which is good as long as we call all still appreciate a proper poop joke.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

TGantz wrote:
February 11 24, 9:01 am

I definitely appreciate your POV even if we've had times where we were disagreeing. I know you've made me consider alternative perspectives.

And yeah, I'm not very proud of the poster I was for the first few years. I think I posted in the babes thread more than anywhere and was way too objectifying. I've grows A TON since those days.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

I joined GRB before I made the decision to be gay, so my trajectory here has been FABULOUS.

In all seriousness, it's hilarious to think I've been a member here for more than half of my life. I'm not a rabid poster like some others, and I don't visit as often as I used to, but I echo those who say this is my community meeting place whenever I want to talk about the team. So many great members have contributed over the years! Pretty special to bring everyone together like this through so many phases of life.