Rant: Weekend Plans

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Rant: Weekend Plans

Post by wart57 »

tlombard wrote:Yeah, I'm an idiot. Especially when I'm drunk. Then my priorities get all messed up. With these consultants in town for today only and the entire org chart being created from basically scratch to integrate us into the much larger company that bought us late last year, I really couldn't afford to call in today. There will be jobs lost, I don't want to be one of them. I am having visions of Office Space. I'm going to go in there and just not give a care and see if I can't get promoted up the chain!

And the girl is coming to the lake with me Sunday so I'll just fix my mistake then.
Playing hard to get.... smooth.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Walleye and/or striper fishing tomorrow. Bass Sunday or Monday. Grilling, baseball, and drinking beer the other time.

Memorial Day is my favorite holiday of the year.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

jim wrote:Walleye and/or striper fishing tomorrow. Bass Sunday or Monday. Grilling, baseball, and drinking beer the other time.

Yep. It is pretty damn good. I am going 4 day weekend. I love labor day and July 4th, but Memorial day has all that ahead. Sitting on patio watching a storm roll in. Yep, I am drinking.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Dogs know. it is about to hit

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Is this all you got! IS THIS ALL YOU GOT! COME ON MOTHER [expletive] NATURE!!!

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

jim wrote:Walleye and/or striper fishing tomorrow. Bass Sunday or Monday. Grilling, baseball, and drinking beer the other time.

Yep all that! I got a boat today. I'm ready for the weekend. I can't wait to get on the river. I'm stocking up tomorrow with supplies and then I'm pulling in fish all weekend.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Headed to DC for the weekend.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Freed Roger wrote:Yep. It is pretty damn good. I am going 4 day weekend. I love labor day and July 4th, but Memorial day has all that ahead. Sitting on patio watching a storm roll in. Yep, I am drinking.
Freed Roger wrote:Dogs know. it is about to hit
Freed Roger wrote:Is this all you got! IS THIS ALL YOU GOT! COME ON MOTHER [expletive] NATURE!!!
As I read this amazing sequence of posts, I imagined this:

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Wife and I went up to Duluth for the holiday weekend and did some of the obligatory sightseeing on the North Shore. Friday and Saturday sucked, it was 45 and raining for pretty much the entire two days. Sunday was better, partly cloudy/sunny and got into the upper-60s. Yesterday was by far the best day, 80 and sunny. Too bad we left about 11am to head back to the Twin Cities.

The area was pretty awesome.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

My brother loves Duluth. I just can't get over that it's Duluth though. Jesus that's far north.

I had grilled Walleye for dinner Friday, Saturday I planted tomatoes and peppers in the garden and made my first salad of the year with garden lettuce. Sunday I went bass fishing and it was slow but I got a few in the boat, and Monday a minor league baseball game. Last night watched Saving Private Ryan and a little bit of the Warriors game.

This is what holidays should all be about.