Rant: Weekend Plans

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Rant: Weekend Plans

Post by Radbird »

cardinalkarp wrote:What kinda coin is Michael pulling in these days? GRB is more profitable than I thought. :wink:
Whatever it is, he's sure not sharing it with his team. I think we need a moderators union.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Radbird wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:What kinda coin is Michael pulling in these days? GRB is more profitable than I thought. :wink:
Whatever it is, he's sure not sharing it with his team. I think we need a moderators union.
nice flip there, don't want to get lost as the last post on page.. :cool:

You do need a union, demand $15 per hour!

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

wart57 wrote:nice flip there, don't want to get lost as the last post on page.. :cool:

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Radbird wrote:
wart57 wrote:nice flip there, don't want to get lost as the last post on page.. :cool:

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Radbird wrote:
Back to work, scum.

In all seriousness the commissioned art wasn't that expensive.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

We need an exact dollar amount before we can fully judge you

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

JL21 wrote:
Swirls wrote:Wife and I went up to Duluth for the holiday weekend and did some of the obligatory sightseeing on the North Shore. Friday and Saturday sucked, it was 45 and raining for pretty much the entire two days. Sunday was better, partly cloudy/sunny and got into the upper-60s. Yesterday was by far the best day, 80 and sunny. Too bad we left about 11am to head back to the Twin Cities.

The area was pretty awesome.
jim wrote:My brother loves Duluth. I just can't get over that it's Duluth though. Jesus that's far north.
Duluth is on a very short list of my favorite places in the US. Extremely friendly people, beautiful area and breathtaking view of Lake Superior, absolutely perfect summers, just enough culture to keep it from being some tiny BFE town...

On the other hand, the winters are why I could never live there. I love cold weather but Duluth is too much. Still, it'd be an amazing place to live from, say, April through November.

I spent the weekend seeing the Cardinals play four games.
Some of the scenery from the trip.
[SHOW]

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

that is awesome. a favorite niece moved to Minneapolis, will have to use that excuse to get up there.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Freed Roger wrote:that is awesome. a favorite niece moved to Minneapolis, will have to use that excuse to get up there.
I had no idea there were cliffs that big on Lake Superior. That particular cliff is about 100 feet. It was taken at Split Rock Lighthouse, which has some crazy history behind it (apparently the lighthouse was staffed 24/7 for almost 60 years) - there are several houses/outbuildings at the area where entire families lived. It's now a state park.

The waterfall is at Gooseberry Falls State Park, located roughly about 5 miles away from Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. It is a huge campground area with actually large sets of 3 different falls - upper, middle, and lower. I think that picture was the middle set.

Both are about an hour or so past Duluth, so 3-3.5 hours past Minneapolis, depending on traffic.

EDIT: I should clarify that for the majority of Friday and Saturday while it was raining we drove around and went to all of the local craft breweries... Bent Paddle, Castle Danger, Canal Park, etc. Lots and lots of beer drank this past weekend, as it should be in Murica.

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

The Apostle Islands are 90 minutes away and a must see. Mrs. Rad grew up a couple hours south.

Even in winter.