GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 17 19, 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rant: Weekend Plans
PostPosted: May 31 16, 7:52 am 
NPR & THT Contributor

Swirls wrote:
Wife and I went up to Duluth for the holiday weekend and did some of the obligatory sightseeing on the North Shore. Friday and Saturday sucked, it was 45 and raining for pretty much the entire two days. Sunday was better, partly cloudy/sunny and got into the upper-60s. Yesterday was by far the best day, 80 and sunny. Too bad we left about 11am to head back to the Twin Cities.

The area was pretty awesome.

jim wrote:
My brother loves Duluth. I just can't get over that it's Duluth though. Jesus that's far north.

Duluth is on a very short list of my favorite places in the US. Extremely friendly people, beautiful area and breathtaking view of Lake Superior, absolutely perfect summers, just enough culture to keep it from being some tiny BFE town...

On the other hand, the winters are why I could never live there. I love cold weather but Duluth is too much. Still, it'd be an amazing place to live from, say, April through November.

I spent the weekend seeing the Cardinals play four games.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 9:05 am 
has a link from 538 to share

I had a great weekend. The weather was amazing so I rode my bike along the lake. Hung out with friends. Continued the best poker run of my life.

I also commissioned art from a local artist for my living room/dining area. Typically I'm not interested in home decorating, but the process was kinda fun. I'm curious to see what she comes up with.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 11:06 am 
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

You must be on a helluva poker run. I don't even know what commissioned art means, but it sounds like something people with lots of money do. Does it mean you are going to get an artist to draw something for you to put in your house?

PostPosted: May 31 16, 11:22 am 
has a link from 538 to share

jim wrote:
I don't even know what commissioned art means, but it sounds like something people with lots of money do. Does it mean you are going to get an artist to draw something for you to put in your house?

Basically, yeah. It's custom artwork for my place. She works with wood. I saw one of her pieces in a store that I really liked, but it wasn't the right size or color so I googled her name and contacted her. I gave her rough size/colors ideas and shes coming up with a design.

It's not as expensive as it sounds. I was actually surprised at how reasonable she was.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 11:24 am 
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

My wife says she's going to start buying. I'm frightened every time she tells me she wants to go to one of those outdoor art things.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 11:25 am 
Hall Of Famer

jim wrote:
You must be on a helluva poker run. I don't even know what commissioned art means, but it sounds like something people with lots of money do. Does it mean you are going to get an artist to draw something for you to put in your house?

I couldn't help but think the same thing, and I can't imagine this is some 20 x 30 piece of art. I would think commissioning an artist to paint something specific as a focal point for a room I'm picturing a pretty significant piece of art...something like 50 x 60 at the minimum.

What kinda coin is Michael pulling in these days? GRB is more profitable than I thought. :wink:

PostPosted: May 31 16, 12:55 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

Obligatory.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 1:01 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

beer swimming pool and more beer and smoked pork butt. Friends over to eat pulled pork tacos and drink more beer.

Ran a 10K with beer sloshing around in the gullet.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 2:46 pm 
just can't quit you.

Mt weekend fun...

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/149611958-story

I was 15 feet away from this. I called 911 as the nurse worked on the boy. I was watching 3 of my 4 girls and a young cousin while my wife took one to the restroom when the boy walked past me out of the pool with the dad, not more than 30 seconds later the dad ran past me in to the pool to get the boy out. The boy must have doubled back behind me to get to his siblings in the pool, and I bet the dad thought he was in tow with him as he was heading to throw some trash out, and this dad had been watching him like a hawk too. It was that quick. The nurse was a retired pediatric O.R. nurse, so knew just what to do. The kid was so lifeless, and there were at least 10 adults and 15 to 20 kids within 5 feet of the boy when he went in. I still can't believe I didn't see this kid not 15 feet away from me, I guess I get so centered on my kids I get tunnel vision.

PostPosted: May 31 16, 3:05 pm 
just can't quit you.

cardinalkarp wrote:
jim wrote:

I couldn't help but think the same thing, and I can't imagine this is some 20 x 30 piece of art. I would think commissioning an artist to paint something specific as a focal point for a room I'm picturing a pretty significant piece of art...something like 50 x 60 at the minimum.

What kinda coin is Michael pulling in these days? GRB is more profitable than I thought. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next