Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

Post by Freed Roger »

Hotter than a whore in a pickle patch?

I'm sweating like a never-to-opened can of Kraftig

-----------------------------------------------

This heat is dumb dumb dumb. Wednesday forecast- the low is 80. 80!

Kind of a 1st world problem for me, since I can be inside in AC most of the time. But I don't like being inside. It really [expletive] with things like walking dogs, outdoor plans. Yardwork ?-well that [expletive] will all be dead soon .
It's got to be clobbering outdoor type businesses-café type eateries, wineries Cards game, 6 flags.
Poor bastards that start practicing for fall sports. I like a good challenge battling the elements on occasion, but come on.

No Mas

the 2 weeks I'll be above the 38th parallel this summer can't come soon enough.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Re: Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

Post by jim »

Yet another person complaining about the weather. When will you learn? A. Can't do anything about the weather and B. Nobody wants to hear you complaining about the weather.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Hotter than a two-peckered billy goat

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I have been working a lot outdoors. It is kind of annoying at first, but if you wear the right clothes so the sweat doesn't turn them into a mop, you get acclimated rather quickly. Spent probably 7 hours outside doing yardwork and building a deck yesterday (shoveling, compacting dirt, placing 30 lb blocks, etc) then hit the pool. When I went in, holy hell, did I stink. Had a hat on to keep the sun off my bald head and it was completely drenched. Underwear shorts were completely drenched. Going inside was like walking into a freezer. But, there's kind of a sense of accomplishment.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I need to remember to pick up a hat before this weekend. Or actually apply sun screen. If it is going to be 98 on Saturday then I'm going to have to be on the water.

I haven't bothered with a hat (I just hate wearing them) or sun screen the last couple of weekends at the lake and ended up peeling on my head. Really wish I could grow hair up there. Arms, shoulders, back, etc. were all fine but for some reason the top of my head hasn't been this summer. Normally it is.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Anyone noticed we haven't heard from thrill in a bit? He melted.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

jim wrote:Yet another person complaining about the weather. When will you learn? A. Can't do anything about the weather and B. Nobody wants to hear you complaining about the weather.
except in winter -Getting pissed about the cold generates heat -and that helps the situation.

In the summer, all you can do is sweat.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

The answer to the "hotter than a..." question is "hotter than two muskrats [expletive] in a wool sock."

Or "hotter than a two-peckered billy goat."

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

It hasn't been that hot in Chicago. Warmish. It's been warmish here. Saturday I went to the Cubs game it was what I call pleasant. Not hot, not cold. Pleasant. Which is good because the parking is 2.5 miles away and you have to walk 5 god damned miles to the [expletive] n' place. If you are the type that likes being stuck on an overcrowded elevator you could have waited for the shuttle bus, otherwise you walked. But then again you find great diners to eat at, so that's good.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

We are harvesting wheat so yeah it's probably 100 out. The combine has AC though and it steers itself so I'm not going to complain about any hot hard work today. lol

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

IMADreamer wrote:We are harvesting wheat so yeah it's probably 100 out. The combine has AC though and it steers itself so I'm not going to complain about any hot hard work today. lol
Hottest I think I ever experienced was in HS putting up square hay bales (each were 60 to 90lbs IIRC) in my Uncle's dairy barn. On the plus side, I wasn't in the sun. On the downside, there was no ventilation and the air was probably 10% dust.

I'd get out of that barn and the outside 95 degree heat felt like AC. I was a darker shade due to dust all over me.. And that rotten egg smelling well-water from a garden hose tasted great.

I really liked doing that work. Made me tough and mean for the upcoming football season where we put the whoopass on you Saukees.

So, I was about to say "hotter than my balls while putting up hay etc" but I don't think it is -----yet.