Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Re: Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

Post by jim »

cardinalkarp wrote:
jim wrote:My boss is a nice guy but really not the ... never mind. Anyway, summer vacation for the fam - where did they decide to go in July? St. Louis! Perfect.

Yesterday he calls me and asks him to review his wife's itinerary, which I said sure. I told him "Stay cool" and he said "What is the deal, you are the second person that has mentioned that."

Boss man - it's [expletive] hot in St. Louis in July. Always. It's like the one month you never ever want to go visit. I love summer, hot weather, and St. Louis, and I won't go down there in July. He seemed puzzled by the fact that it's going to be 100 degrees.

At least it's a damp 100 to keep you cool.
Well, if they're coming next week they may catch a break as it's only supposed to be in the low 90's which would be tolerable in comparison to what we're getting right now.

100 + humidity = 110 plus heat index's = absolutely miserable
He's there today. Probably at Six Flags, or stuffed into the arch elevator. With kids. Like 4 of them I think.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

jim wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
jim wrote:My boss is a nice guy but really not the ... never mind. Anyway, summer vacation for the fam - where did they decide to go in July? St. Louis! Perfect.

Yesterday he calls me and asks him to review his wife's itinerary, which I said sure. I told him "Stay cool" and he said "What is the deal, you are the second person that has mentioned that."

Boss man - it's [expletive] hot in St. Louis in July. Always. It's like the one month you never ever want to go visit. I love summer, hot weather, and St. Louis, and I won't go down there in July. He seemed puzzled by the fact that it's going to be 100 degrees.

Well, if they're coming next week they may catch a break as it's only supposed to be in the low 90's which would be tolerable in comparison to what we're getting right now.

He's there today. Probably at Six Flags, or stuffed into the arch elevator. With kids. Like 4 of them I think.
haha, yeah...they're miserable

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

cardinalkarp wrote:
jim wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:

haha, yeah...they're miserable
I also told him to be sure and eat some St. Louis style pizza, so boss as miserable as humanly possible: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

A storm came through Thursday night and knocked a big tree branch off our big Maple tree. I couldn't get to it until Saturday. Sweat was just pouring out of me as I was running the chainsaw Saturday morning. It wasn't even the hottest part of the day, and I wasn't even doing really strenuous work. But I don't recall the last time I sweated like that. Even when I used to job in hot weather I don't remember it being that bad.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Corn sweat

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I don't know what corn sweat is, but it must be hot

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

not as hot as carn sweat

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Apparently my road home is currently on fire, so that presents a bit of a challenge.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I took a selfie when I walked out to my truck at lunch today...

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

It's hotter than the motor on Leroy's woodchipper at a Greg Hansen concert