bad day

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

bad day

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

[expletive] a. the past day was horrible.

A storm rolled through and snapped a tree in the yard. It fell into the neighbors fence and destroyed that. It also knocked over 4 trees in my friend's yard, one of which fell into his roof. All in all, not too terrible as no one was hurt.

Then, after that rolled through, kind of went around to the neighbors and let them know I'd be available to help with any cleanup if necessary and made sure everyone was alright. I let the dog outside and while waiting for him to come back in fell asleep. Woke up at 2 am in a panic as he is blind and senile.

Drove around and found him dead on the side of the road. That was depressing. Dug a grave and buried him this morning. It was my wife's dog and she is super upset which just makes it worse.

Then, look at the news only to find out 80 some odd people were murdered in France on their Bastille Day. This one hits home because I used to live with some guys from France and one of them was from Marseille which is maybe 100 miles from there. Further, I'd always celebrate Bastille Day with them and kind of know how much they enjoyed it. Wish everything from the past 24 hours could just be undone.

And my aunt died of cancer too.

In the words of Judity Viorst, what a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: bad day

Post by thrill »

That is a truly [expletive] day.

Here is a video of unlikely animal friends. The first pairing features a dog that looks EXACTLY like my dog and a mini horse.

This is 1500 people singing Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. It might cheer you up too.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

When I saw the thread title I was going to post that awful Fuel song "bad day" but then I read about your dog and I was like aww crap I can't make light now. Then I read about your Aunt and man that's one of the worst days ever I think. Sorry man, hope today gets better.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

cool videos. thanks guys.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Wow. I need to give thanks.

Sorry to hear of your bad times.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

My other dog died today. She's been healthy I thought but woke up at 4am and was breathing heavy. Got up and took her to the vet ER about 5 after she didn't get any better. They put her on oxygen and she went into cardiac arrest. Then died. That, uh, escalated quickly.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

[expletive]. sorry to hear this

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Sorry man. And I missed your OP - a belated holy crap that sucks and I'm sorry to read all that.

my past bad [expletive] day story:

My 12th Birthday. My dad had died a few months before and it was my first birthday without him.
I was feeling sick at school that day and suddenly puked all over at my desk. Not a great age to feel that low, gross, and embarrassed in front of the class.

So Mom picked me up from school and took me home. When we get home, she had to tell me that my dog Snoopy had died that morning. She was a great mutt, we grew up together -they got her when we were both pups.

I remember sitting on the couch that night with my Mom after she told me this. We both looked at at each other, shook our heads and... started to chuckle at our pathos overload.

I still kind of chuckle when I think about that day.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

My condolences...any of us that are dog people know what it is like to lose our great four legged friends. Hang in there.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Thanks, guys.

Freed, that was a rough go you had there for your 12th bday.

I don't have a way to post this picture *thanks photobucket* but after she passed they asked what I wanted to do with the body. So I said I'd like to take her with me and they asked if I'd like her cleaned up. I said....sure. It was no cost and I wasn't really ready to grab her corpse at the moment and stuff it in a bag or something so I left and said I'd be back in an hour or so.

Went home and dug a grave next to the other dog making certain not to disturb that one. And i thought I did a good job. It was about 3' deep for a maybe 8"x18" rectangle. Plenty big enough for the dogs body wrapped in a nice blanket and why not. But I shut you not they put her body in a coffin sized box. I mean this thing was 2.5' long by 1.5' wide by another 1.5' deep. Well, that want even close to fitting in my hole.

I guess it was possible to just take the body out of the box, put it in the ground, and throw the box away. But digging an extra half yard or so of rock laden soil seemed preferable to that so it took an extra hour preparing the grave.