Worst of the promos at the old ballyard

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Worst of the promos at the old ballyard

Post by Freed Roger »

Cards have some real turdkickers this year - Margaritaville and Grateful Dead Night. Halfway to St. Patricks Day.

And Peanut-Controlled Day....a July day game-so your kid is safe from a reaction to peanuts while suffering from heat stroke.

Pokemon Go night and Star Wars Night - I gotta ask - do we really want these people as Cardinal fans?

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Re: Worst of the promos at the old ballyard

Post by Gashouse »

They had a Grateful Dead night? What exactly was the promo? I'd love a Dead/Cards combo of some kind of paraphernalia.

"First 15,000 fans 18 and older get a tab of acid."

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Freed Roger wrote:Cards have some real turdkickers this year - Margaritaville and Grateful Dead Night. Halfway to St. Patricks Day.

And Peanut-Controlled Day....a July day game-so your kid is safe from a reaction to peanuts while suffering from heat stroke.

Pokemon Go night and Star Wars Night - I gotta ask - do we really want these people as Cardinal fans?
I had a friend when I lived in Omaha who had a peanut allergy. The peanut free nights were the only games he could go to since just about every concession stand had peanuts or peanut dust.

I'm guessing the Pokemon and Star Wars stuff is just old man ranting?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I'm pretty sure they aren't autoclaving the ballpark in advance of no peanut night.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

lukethedrifter wrote:I'm pretty sure they aren't autoclaving the ballpark in advance of no peanut night.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

lukethedrifter wrote:I'm pretty sure they aren't autoclaving the ballpark in advance of no peanut night.
Not what I meant if that was directed at me. I'm sure if the stands are wiped down, it's sufficiently clean for my friend. But on game nights where there are peanuts or peanut products, he couldn't.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:.

I'm guessing the Pokemon and Star Wars stuff is just old man ranting?
Probably so. I don't want to be a stodgy purist, sanctity of the ballyard-type. Thus, let them eat Pokemon!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

You can rant about everything else but don't mess with Star Wars night. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan and I don't go to the theme night but still, it is a part of my childhood and if you don't like it then... yeah, I don't feel that strongly about it. I do actually like Star Wars night though mainly because I have a few friends who love it but they also go to every other game they can so they aren't going just because it is Star Wars night.