Rave: Adidas

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: Rave: Adidas

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I like Adidas, not just for their shoes, but because their name is an acronym for two phrases I thought were hilarious when I was a pre-teen.

All Day I Dream About Sex

and

After Dinner I Did A [expletive]

I'm pondering some Merrells for my all-day walking-around needs.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Time for some new shoes. I want something light and comfortable that breathes. The ultra boosts look perfect except too expensive.

Anything out there like that but at a reasonable price?

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

Radbird wrote:Time for some new shoes. I want something light and comfortable that breathes. The ultra boosts look perfect except too expensive.

I just got some ZX Flux primeknits and they are definitely lightweight and breathe

http://www.adidas.com/us/zx-flux-primek ... A7371.html

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Radbird wrote:Time for some new shoes. I want something light and comfortable that breathes. The ultra boosts look perfect except too expensive.

I would recommend either the Nike Roshe 2 or the Nike Huarache. Both of them check all those boxes and the Huarache has an ultra breathe version for a little bit more. I was surprised how much I ended up liking the Roshe 2 comfort wise.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Go on the adidas website and get a pair of NMDs. They released some red and collegiate blue ones from generation one about a week ago. There are some on eastbay's site if the adidas site does not have them. The whole upper is basically a sock and the sole is the foamy, comfy Boost stuff. I have a few pairs of NMDs and they're the lightest and best adidas runners I own.

Eastbay still has these...

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:25 ... avy/black/

...in most sizes, which is weird for NMDs because they sell out in an hour at the hipster sneaker stores.

The new generation of NMDs dropped last week as well. The first gen were $120-130/pair and the new ones are going $170 so get a pair of the last drop of the first gen while you can.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

themiddle54 wrote:

Go on the adidas website and get a pair of NMDs. They released some red and collegiate blue ones from generation one about a week ago. There are some on eastbay's site if the adidas site does not have them. The whole upper is basically a sock and the sole is the foamy, comfy Boost stuff. I have a few pairs of NMDs and they're the lightest and best adidas runners I own.

Eastbay still has these...

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:25 ... avy/black/

...in most sizes, which is weird for NMDs because they sell out in an hour at the hipster sneaker stores.

The new generation of NMDs dropped last week as well. The first gen were $120-130/pair and the new ones are going $170 so get a pair of the last drop of the first gen while you can.
Thanks for the heads up. my old pair are disintegrating, but I still wear them.

Also, does that big loop on above the heel serve a purpose?
[SHOW]

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

The pull-on loop? It's to assist in pulling your shoes on - admittedly much more common in taller boots, but I've seen them on tennis shoes before.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Swirls wrote:The pull-on loop? It's to assist in pulling your shoes on - admittedly much more common in taller boots, but I've seen them on tennis shoes before.
Well, now I know. Thanks. I've had them on other shoes and always cut them off. Probably will do so again.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

I opted for the new NMD -R2. Must say I like the older ones better. These feel bulkier, less springier in the front foot. All that foam on the heel is a waste, as is the pull up loop and leather patch on the heel. Why have a design feature for toddlers? I trimmed off as much of that dead weight as I could.

The worst is that the tongue/upper is stiff. I.am almost always good out of the box with properly sizes shoes, but a 5 mile run in these yielded a blister on top my ankle there. Weird.

I like the look, and should break in fine. I suspect they will be more durable than the old version. But gimme that old version.

Edit: day later, my ankles are a little raw from the top of these shoes. I really want to like a shoe that I spent so much $ on, but these are a disappointment.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

The Roshe 2 I mentioned earlier (and a bunch of other shoes) are on sale the next few days on nike.com. Only $56 for a comfy casual shoe is a pretty solid deal. The shoe looks kind of weird, but the color matches everything and several random women have stopped me to tell me they like it. At that price I'm considering buying a backup pair for when these fall apart.

Also, if you register on nike.com anything you order has free 30 day returns. I've returned several pairs over the years even after wearing them for a few weeks and it's a quick, smooth process to get your money back. Unless you pay with a combination of a gift card and a credit card. Then it's a royal cluster [expletive].

ETA: I haven't been on a baseball field in any capacity in a solid decade, but now I'm looking for a reason