Hochman

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Hochman

Post by Jocephus »

jeff actually liked strauss
Thanks. I had tremendous respect for Joe. He's one of the all-time greats, and I take your comparison as the ultimate compliment. I'm truly not worthy, but thank you.
by jortiz 3:26 PM

I've been reading these chats for a long time on this website. I remember reading many of them from Joe Strauss, who was one of my all time favorite writers. The vitriol just keeps getting worse over the years. You handle it a lot like he did with elegance while also putting people in their place. I simply wanted to say that I appreciate you doing this.
by Jeff H 3:25 PM

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

My biggest problem with Strauss was Twitter. I finally had to stop following him because all he did was whine about Lambert Airport and if I remember correctly, he also took other shots at the city from time to time. He sounded truly miserable to have to be in St. Louis and would not shut up about it.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm ashamed of myself. I finally got around to reading Hochman's piece on Tyler O'Neill and it wasn't bad. He was a little more restrained in his puns and alliteration for once and didn't really try and force things as much as the majority of his stuff that I have seen.

And I did laugh at the part where he said that O'Neill "struck out twice while you read that last sentence."

And wow, Tyler O'Neill is ripped. That is a strong kid.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

not hoch just angry chatter
I'm sorry?
But since you have been so friendly, please send in your question again and I'll do my best.
by BenFred 1:43 PM

You released my question, but then released another questions and never answered mine. This happens regularly in these chats, enough so that I assume it is more than operator error. This chat platform is awful, as is the entire stltoday website. Why is the post ok have such a terrible website?
by Bluesier 1:42 PM

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

He’s working his magic across the room from me here at Kaldis.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

is he hamming it up?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

STINKPALMDOITNOW!!!!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Still there. Type type type.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

lukethedrifter wrote:Worse than you might imagine

I made it through the first 90 seconds :(

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Worse than you might imagine

I made it through the first 90 seconds :(
I skipped around just to sample the awfulness of that movie again and then went to the credits. I learned two things. Ben Hochman's wife was the bride in the movie and we have at least three mutual friends through sports leagues. The other is that a woman I work with is listed as one of the producers. Thankfully I will forget that fact before the next time I run into her in the hall so that I never mention what I really think of the movie.

I didn't bother looking to see if I knew anybody else involved with it. When I saw the one woman's name as a producer, the name is really uncommon so I figured it was a good chance that it was her so I went to Facebook and saw that she's friends with Ben Hochman's wife and others involved in the movie so yeah, it was her. That's also how I found out that three people I know are friends with BH's wife.