Why I agree completely with Tony's decision last night.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
The Green Miles
Fringe Major League Player

Why I agree completely with Tony's decision last night.

Post by The Green Miles »

When you have the bases loaded in a tight spot, sure it's easy to think about substituting your powerful slugger. It's academic you say.

But I agree with Tony's decision. This is the type of spot, that a scrappy, hard nosed player may be just what is needed. There are a number of ways to succeed for him...a muffed routine grounder, a pop-up lost in the lights, beating out an infield hit, or even bunting for a hit. And Rowand is just that guy, you seen him break his face one time. He gives 110%, game in and game out.

If I'm ever held up at gunpoint again, I want this Aaron in the foxhole with me.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Re: Why I agree completely with Tony's decision last night.

Post by Fat Strat »

The Green Miles wrote:When you have the bases loaded in a tight spot, sure it's easy to think about substituting your powerful slugger. It's academic you say.

But I agree with Tony's decision. This is the type of spot, that a scrappy, hard nosed player may be just what is needed. There are a number of ways to succeed for him...a muffed routine grounder, a pop-up lost in the lights, beating out an infield hit, or even bunting for a hit. And Rowand is just that guy, you seen him break his face one time. He gives 110%, game in and game out.

If I'm ever held up at gunpoint again, I want this Aaron in the foxhole with me.
Too bad you weren't at the game, Miles. Tony could have ph you for Rowand to save Pujols as the utility guy. You're having an All-Star season, batting almost .300.

pinacle
Fringe Major League Player

Post by pinacle »

The Green Miles wrote:When you have the bases loaded in a tight spot, sure it's easy to think about substituting your powerful slugger. It's academic you say.

I DO'NT LIKE YOU GREAN MILS

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

No birthdays today bump

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Odd bump is odd

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

heyzeus wrote:
November 10 21, 10:12 am
Odd bump is odd
Just reviving and honoring GRB culture.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:
November 10 21, 10:12 am
Odd bump is odd
Never question the bump. Embrace it.