Smartphones suck

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Re: Smartphones suck

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I saw an old guy at lunch today rocking one of those moto razrs from like 15 years ago. I was a little jealous for approximately three seconds and then went back to watching baseball on my phone.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

lukethedrifter wrote:Using my smartphone I was just able to assist jcshutout with a query received on my smartphone.
It also wasn't an emergency, and had you not answered for a fortnight, no one would die or be harmed, so you could have written me a letter and been just as effective, and supported the USPS.
cardsfansince82 wrote:I saw an old guy at lunch today rocking one of those moto razrs from like 15 years ago. I was a little jealous for approximately three seconds and then went back to watching baseball on my phone.
I walked around outside and looked at the trees today during lunch. Saw people with smartphones staring away and wasn't jealous for any seconds.

Having trouble with the new phone and MMS. The wife is on a LOOOONG call trying to get it set up. Bless her. I'd have said F it, disable texting like 20 min ago.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

If it wasn't for my smartphone I would have no access to tube8.com....

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Gashouse wrote:http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/9th-grade ... attention/
Take 400 Cress seeds and place them into 12 trays. Then place six trays in two rooms at the same temperature. Give them the same amount of water and sun over 12 days, and remember to expose half of them to mobile [Wi-Fi] radiation.

--

Then it was just necessary to wait 12 days, observe, measure, weigh and take pictures along the way. And the result spoke was clear: cress seeds next to the router did not grow, and some of them were even mutated or dead.
HAHA [expletive] YOU CRESS

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Most solid rant ever. The world is a worse place because of smart phones. It's irrefutable.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Socnorb11 wrote:Most solid rant ever. The world is a worse place because of smart phones. It's irrefutable.
Demonstrably?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Get a horse!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

ghostrunner wrote:Get a horse!
I'm totally down. Cars just lead to pollution, suburban sprawl, dependence on foreign oil, etc. Also, horse droppings = free garden fertilizer!

If only going without a car in St. Louis was a possible option, just like how going without a smartphone is a possible, and the only good option. Oh well.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Ok, so ranting and silliness aside, I'm having a heck of a time finding a decent rugged flip phone that can handle MMS. Had to return the one I bought as it was a mess. Upon reflection, the reason I've been so gung-ho on the clamshell model (aside from answering like Captain Kirk) is that years ago I had a touchscreen phone that would constantly be activated in my pocket. I'd get a text or call, and just moving around, or other items in my pocket would activate the answer, sometimes the speakerphone. It was a pile of crap.

So, in all seriousness, is this still a problem. Do phones activate in your pocket much?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Who wants to play baseball?! This butter churn is really fun!