Rant: Luck

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Molly
Perennial All-Star

Re: Rant: Luck

Post by Molly »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Molly wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:There have been several comments about the bad luck of the Cardinals this season; but I would have to say my luck is even worse over the last week.

The week started with a grease fire in my kitchen in which my heroic firefighting skills resulted in second degree burns on my left hand; those blisters hurt like the dickens. The stove and the overhead hood were ruined in the fire but no one else was hurt and a little paint and new appliances and everything will be fine. I even found the exact same range that I had at Sears of all places; so I was happy about that. Then I found out it would be two weeks before delivery; so I am oven-less.

Then I was driving to work and my engine light came on and the vehicle lost some power. Took it to the mechanic and it took him 4 days to look at it; all while I am shelling out money for a rental. After he looked at it and got the part to replace a transmission filter; it took him like 20 minutes to fix.

So flash forward to this morning; two days after getting the vehicle back. I was driving down the street about four blocks from my house and this young girl blows through a stop sign and slams right into my side. So my car now has two smashed in doors on the driver's side; I'm a hundred years old so I feel like I just survived a war battle and the person tried to drive away from the scene but their flat tires prevented that; so they got out and walked away. I asked her where they were going and she said "I don't have a license or insurance." So great. Just got off the phone with my agent and I have to wait for that fiasco to run its course; at least the car is still drivable.

Anyway....I needed to get that off my chest. My luck this week sucks.
Sorry about all the bad luck Cards. I lost a vehicle to a [expletive] with no insurance. Had her license suspended but fat lot of good it did. And, hubby and I spent the night in Columbus on our way to Baltimore!!
You were truly blessed to be able to spend a night in the capital city of the great state of Ohio. You should of let me know; I would have bought you all dinner.
Ate at a place called Thurman's Cafe. Excellent food!! Huge sandwich!!!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Oh yeah Thurman's is a landmark place around here. Good choice.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Oven and hood installed; walls painted so things are looking up at home.

My Jeep however has been totaled...so I am now on a car hunt. Joy.