Time to move on....

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Time to move on....

Post by Radbird »

...from Colorado. We've sold our home and are relocating to NH. Yes, I know most of you will think we are nuts, but there were several factors in our decision -

- Closer to the kid who lives in Boston. We'll be about 90 minutes away which is an acceptable parental buffer zone.
- It was time to downsize and the cost of housing in the Front Range has become prohibitive for us to stay here.
- It was also time to get the hell out of suburbia. Not where I want to spend our retirement years.
- The rapid growth and development of the Denver metro area has made it slightly less awesome to live here.
- Ready for a new adventure.

Rant - so many good things about living in Colorado. We've had almost 22 great years here. The good still outweighs the bad but we wanted a slower pace of life.
Rave - we're trading in suburban life for 7 acres and a house in the country. Rural America, here we come.

We close on the house on Sept 12 and hit the highway. Stopping in Wisconsin on the way to see friends and family.

I'll miss going to Boulder, Coors Field, Red Rocks, RMNP, all the great little mountain towns - just too many things to list. I won't miss driving through Kansas.

I'm looking forward to exploring New England and the East Coast. And eastern Canada is a weekend drive. Can't wait to see Montreal. And catching games in Boston, NYC, Philly, Baltimore and Washington.

It's time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: Time to move on....

Post by cardsfantx »

Radbird wrote:...from Colorado. We've sold our home and are relocating to NH. Yes, I know most of you will think we are nuts, but there were several factors in our decision -

- Closer to the kid who lives in Boston. We'll be about 90 minutes away which is an acceptable parental buffer zone.
- It was time to downsize and the cost of housing in the Front Range has become prohibitive for us to stay here.
- It was also time to get the hell out of suburbia. Not where I want to spend our retirement years.
- The rapid growth and development of the Denver metro area has made it slightly less awesome to live here.
- Ready for a new adventure.

Rant - so many good things about living in Colorado. We've had almost 22 great years here. The good still outweighs the bad but we wanted a slower pace of life.
Rave - we're trading in suburban life for 7 acres and a house in the country. Rural America, here we come.

We close on the house on Sept 12 and hit the highway. Stopping in Wisconsin on the way to see friends and family.

I'll miss going to Boulder, Coors Field, Red Rocks, RMNP, all the great little mountain towns - just too many things to list. I won't miss driving through Kansas.

I'm looking forward to exploring New England and the East Coast. And eastern Canada is a weekend drive. Can't wait to see Montreal. And catching games in Boston, NYC, Philly, Baltimore and Washington.

It's time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going
whoa, whoa...i know we've got some issues going on right now, but there's no need to leave the country.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Good luck to you and Mrs. Rad. No stop in St. Louis on the way???

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Awesome Rad!

I wish you well.

And glad you aren't moving on from GRB (briefly thought that when seeing title).

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I can't get scenes from Funny Farm out of my head now. I just picture you having one heck of an adventure both on the trip to NH and then when you finally get there and all heck breaks loose with the house and your crazy rural neighbors.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

That sounds awesome.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

So the condo overlooking Busch Stadium is no longer on the table? Damn, I was gonna crash there sometimes.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

LIVE FREE OR DIE, Rad!

Congrats on the move, travel safely.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The happiest of trails.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Congrats, Rad!

Did you get a new job or are you working remotely?