HVAC screwing

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: HVAC screwing

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:He’s got a drug problem.
^^^^

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

lukethedrifter wrote:He’s got a drug problem.
I think he has a slow work problem so he's trying to milk every $ he can. I'm just not going to pay the extra labor, see what he does. I think he's trying to be honestly dishonest if that makes since. It was a one day project he stretched it out not me.

I got into a situation with a cattle feed salesman a few years ago that kept billing me for feed he never delivered. He was just a damn crook. He never followed through on his threat to sue me and my bill was high enough that if it was valid he would have wanted his money.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

CardsofSTL wrote:I wouldn't pay that and I would have gone off on him for being late the first day...you have more patience than me.
Really didn't matter to me. Babysitter was at the house so no one was waiting for him to show. It is a name brand unit so I'm thinking I'll contact their corporate to see what they think of it.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Having dealt with several contractors doing stuff to sell our house:
I found the Citi Card commercials fairly accurate-( regarding contractors and if people said what they meant.)

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ArcZ/citi-doubl ... -disappear

Typically the reasons it goes this way, is some sort of combo of:

1) they are juggling other jobs and putting out fires there -they aren't going to tell you about these conflicts, because they want the work.

2) unorganized, and don't really know what they are doing, but will say they do just to get work. The few good contractors that charge top dollar, don't want the business. I've had some of the good contractors bid before, they don't want my little project and either don't bid, or give a ridiculous high-ball bid.

3) they have drug/alcohol with associated $ and waking up problems

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I think a lot of the owners of construction companies are good craftsmen but horrible businessmen. It's kind of like farming in that to make any money you have to do a lot of different things. One of my college majors is in construction management, I've tried getting one of my gc buddies to hire me part time to do mangment and estimating, I'd make him a lot more then he'd have to pay me buthe doesn't want to do it.

The stories I've heard about some of the drug and alcohol issues are pretty crazy.