Rave: I'm engaged

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Rave: I'm engaged

Post by IMADreamer »

Swirls wrote:You didn't propose using an avo box did you? If so, I will likely never let you live that down.
I don't know what that is. lol So I hope not. I did it like I said in the other thread. Sorta. We grilled out and the sun was going down but she was kind of pre occupied with the grill even though I had already set everything. So I'm like "hey Michelle the sun is setting just leave that alone a minute." So she does and I put my arm around her and she says "it's a pretty sunset tonight" and I said something like it's even better because we are together. Then I told her how much I loved her and that I don't know if I'd be here without her and I got on one knee and pulled the ring out of my pocket. She grabbed her face all shocked like and instantly started crying. So I asked her and she was just crying and finally she shook her head yes and put the ring on and we finished watching the sunset together. We had a short conversation about it, I made sure she was really happy because the crying threw me and she assured me she was the happiest she'd ever been and then she said "I have to go tell everyone." lol We capped it off by going to her sisters to show her and the both did the happy girl scream and cried a little.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

IMADreamer wrote:
Swirls wrote:You didn't propose using an avo box did you? If so, I will likely never let you live that down.
I don't know what that is. lol So I hope not. I did it like I said in the other thread. Sorta. We grilled out and the sun was going down but she was kind of pre occupied with the grill even though I had already set everything. So I'm like "hey Michelle the sun is setting just leave that alone a minute." So she does and I put my arm around her and she says "it's a pretty sunset tonight" and I said something like it's even better because we are together. Then I told her how much I loved her and that I don't know if I'd be here without her and I got on one knee and pulled the ring out of my pocket. She grabbed her face all shocked like and instantly started crying. So I asked her and she was just crying and finally she shook her head yes and put the ring on and we finished watching the sunset together. We had a short conversation about it, I made sure she was really happy because the crying threw me and she assured me she was the happiest she'd ever been and then she said "I have to go tell everyone." lol We capped it off by going to her sisters to show her and the both did the happy girl scream and cried a little.
Good. I discussed the avo box in another thread, but basically it's the new hipster millenial way to propose. You cut an avocado, remove the pit, and hide the engagement ring inside the empty space. It's [expletive] gross is what it is, but if that's the way you proposed, I was gonna give you hell for it.

Props to you for being normal, and congrats once again.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Congrats!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Grats dude!

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Congrats, Dreamer!

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the congratulations. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Congratulations. I'm happy for both of you.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

That's a big deal, IMA! Congratulations, and all the best to you!