Ebay

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Ebay

Post by vinsanity »

Ebay is actually pretty nice. There's a lot of one offs I like to buy second hand for cheap and ebay is a good way to acquire relative bargains if you don't have to have.

For instance, I had a 4 iron that had an impromptu meeting with a tree branch and I was able to acquire one this weekend for $12.

Yay ebay.

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Ebay

Post by tlombard »

That reminds me that I need to buy a new putter. After our last hole at the company golf tournament last year mine might have gone swimming and never came back.

The stupid part is that I wasn't even mad. I wasn't happy that we missed yet another birdie putt (the last of 11 missed birdie putts on the day even if they weren't all easy) but we still had a decent day and went home with a trophy for first in the B flight.

The hole we finished on just happened to have a lake right next to it and the stupid idea to throw my putter into the lake popped into my head so I did it. It was a cheap one that I can't even remember how I got and I thought I had another one at home with another set of clubs so I just did it. Turns out that I was mistaken and I don't have another one so I might have to check out Ebay this weekend. I hadn't thought to go on there for a replacement.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

It's the 24-hour a day yard sale!

I'm actually cool with eBay, but there are certain yard sale elements to it.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I just hate that there are very few auctions anymore. The ones that are auctions seem to have rediculois reserves.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Kind of a self-inflicted rant:

We were at a Robot Day at a local STEM kids museum and my son loved playing with one of the robots. they had some info about ordering parts from ebay to assemble the robot. I placed the order (several orders with different sellers for different parts), but then changed my mind when I found I could get something similar on Amazon (more expensive but would arrive in time for his birthday). I cancelled the ebay orders within 30 minutes of placing them, but about half of the sellers didn't cancel the order and have already shipped the materials. Now I'm going have things I don't want or need, or I'm going to go through the hassle of returning things that cost somewhere between $2-$10.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Gashouse wrote:Kind of a self-inflicted rant:

We were at a Robot Day at a local STEM kids museum and my son loved playing with one of the robots. they had some info about ordering parts from ebay to assemble the robot. I placed the order (several orders with different sellers for different parts), but then changed my mind when I found I could get something similar on Amazon (more expensive but would arrive in time for his birthday). I cancelled the ebay orders within 30 minutes of placing them, but about half of the sellers didn't cancel the order and have already shipped the materials. Now I'm going have things I don't want or need, or I'm going to go through the hassle of returning things that cost somewhere between $2-$10.
At that price I just suck it up and more on. It isn't worth the hassle. Heck, a few months ago I accidentally ordered the wrong watch and instead of returning it to get my $50 back, I just gave it to somebody I know at the bar. I had no desire to put in the effort to package it up and ship it back off. It worked out though because now her or her husband just buy me a shot from time to time (they never did before I gave her the watch) which all adds up.