Terrible Pet Owners

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: Terrible Pet Owners

Post by 33anda3rd »

You're in great position to get the local news team over there to film some local person with a heart of gold saving that dog and making a great story out of it. While mildly shaming the neighbor.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:Do you have a local humane society who will jump the fence, take the dog, and get her to a good home?

I really doubt it. I know the public relations person for one of the shelters here who said the best thing I could do is call animal control, which I did. They cited the owners and told us to keep an eye on him for the next week or two, which I'm doing. It looks absolutely miserable, but I don't know that what they're doing now is illegal.
PETA might have the balls to take him. Maybe send them an anonymous tip?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

33anda3rd wrote:You're in great position to get the local news team over there to film some local person with a heart of gold saving that dog and making a great story out of it. While mildly shaming the neighbor.

I'd like to think that, but I know I don't have that pull. Plus I don't think the bosses would go for it if there's nothing illegal going on.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

If the local animal care and control cited them, they could still be in violation of the law. It is illegal to leave dogs outside below a certain temperature without adequate shelter.

You could try reaching out to a local rescue organization that takes owner surrendered pets. They might come to the house and try to persuade the owners to surrender the dog to them.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

G. Keenan wrote:If the local animal care and control cited them, they could still be in violation of the law. It is illegal to leave dogs outside below a certain temperature without adequate shelter.

You could try reaching out to a local rescue organization that takes owner surrendered pets. They might come to the house and try to persuade the owners to surrender the dog to them.
I will definitely be watching tonight with forecasted temperatures below freezing.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

I don’t like animals and I don’t have pets. Really not that hard. Your neighbors sound like they suck.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Tim wrote:I don’t like animals and I don’t have pets. Really not that hard. Your neighbors sound like they suck.
I've never talked to them, but I think this is the case. The only times I have ever seen them out there with the dog, they are yelling at it. I'm pretty sure my family and my other neighbor have given it way more affection than they ever have.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Update: animal control took the dog yesterday. I tweeted the city a picture of him chained so tightly to the fence he couldn't lay down, only sit or stand. I don't even think he could've eaten or drank out of his bowls without choking himself. My other neighbor--who is actually the one that shares the fence-- released him. The first thing the dog did was take a massive piss and [expletive], probably didn't want to sit in its own waste. I'm assuming the owners are now charged with animal cruelty.

I'll miss that sweet boy. At the same time, I know he's better off. I keep checking the animal shelters websites to see where he is now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thanks to you and your neighbor(s) for looking out for him

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Well done. This thread was heartbreaking