Seller's Market

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
haltz
Hall Of Famer

Re: Seller's Market

Post by haltz »

Mine was too, but we wanted to change some stuff (like change the carpet to more kid/dog friendly flooring) before we moved in and then the list just kept growing. It was really sneaky and mostly I did it to myself. Anyway, congrats again. I worked myself into a panic during closing for no reason that I can really articulate. It's a good feeling to have the papers signed and keys in your hand.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Famous Mortimer wrote:My offer was accepted, the mortgage is progressing smoothly, the inspection went okay, and now I'm just waiting for the signing of the contracts and all that, which should hopefully be in about 10 days. Then, I'll be a homeowner too, and you can all pop round for a housewarming.
What area did you end up in?

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I’m officially a homeowner.
Congrats!

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.
Where you gonna sleep?
Guess you don't know I'm thrill's dad. I'd do something similar and just rent for a while.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Famous Mortimer wrote:My offer was accepted, the mortgage is progressing smoothly, the inspection went okay, and now I'm just waiting for the signing of the contracts and all that, which should hopefully be in about 10 days. Then, I'll be a homeowner too, and you can all pop round for a housewarming.
Just off Cherokee, near-ish Propaganda bar and a few nice-looking Mexican restaurants. House looks good, I'm really looking forward to having space to unpack my stuff from the UK, finally.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Just off Cherokee, near-ish Propaganda bar and a few nice-looking Mexican restaurants. House looks good, I'm really looking forward to having space to unpack my stuff from the UK, finally.

Cool. You have two of the best alderpeeps in the City along Cherokee. I know them both. Lots of cool stuff to eat, drink, and do. That said, still a lot of crime so I would be vigilant about paying attention, safety, locking stuff up, etc.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I'm debating whether to use the off-street parking round the back of the house in anything other than emergencies - it seems too inviting for potential thieves. But other than that, there's already some good security on it, and I'll look into getting some more if I think we need it.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Grats to all our new GRB homeowners!

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Famous Mortimer wrote:I'm debating whether to use the off-street parking round the back of the house in anything other than emergencies - it seems too inviting for potential thieves. But other than that, there's already some good security on it, and I'll look into getting some more if I think we need it.
Just leave your car unlocked with nothing in it.

Bronco and Vallesana are both good, so are Frankly and some other places in your immediate vicinity. Enjoy.