Rave: Beards

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Rave: Beards

Post by tlombard »

My beard is mainly out of laziness (who wants to shave every day?) but last night it came in handy and saved the day. I was half asleep and rubbed my eyes which caused my left contact to come out but I was half asleep and wasn't really sure if it did or not. I turned towards the TV as my way of checking if I'd lost it or not (can I see it clearly or not) and as I turned my head just the right way I could see the bottom part of my beard and the contact was just hanging out right there where I could see it with no light except the TV. If I had gotten up to turn on the light and then look, I would have lost it for good.

In addition, the contact case I normally use is in my golf bag which a friend has so when I went to put the contact in a spare case, I found that there was already a contact in one side of that. That's huge since I'm down to my last pair of contacts. Now I have my last pair and one spare. Both of my eyes are the same prescription which hasn't changed for years so I'm really glad to have that one spare now in case something happens and I lose one before I can get more.

I think I'm going to get actual glasses this time around since I'm tired of dealing with contacts so I just need these contacts to hang around for another couple of weeks until I have the exam next week and the glasses arrive.

Swirls
gone fission

Re: Rave: Beards

Post by Swirls »

Agreed. I don't keep my beard this long anymore, but there are times I wish I'd grow it back out again. This was taken a couple years ago when Mrs. Swirls and I went to a local Oktoberfest.
[SHOW]

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Swirls wrote:Agreed. I don't keep my beard this long anymore, but there are times I wish I'd grow it back out again. This was taken a couple years ago when Mrs. Swirls and I went to a local Oktoberfest.
[SHOW]
I was wondering where FRBG was today.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I grew a beard one time in my life; and everyone told me I looked like my Dad's twin. Now I love my Dad....but I don't wanna hear that. So no more beards for me.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

The last year I was clean shaven...

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I'm 35, and if I were to try it would still grow in all patchy white trashy like Joe Dirt.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Swirls wrote:Agreed. I don't keep my beard this long anymore, but there are times I wish I'd grow it back out again. This was taken a couple years ago when Mrs. Swirls and I went to a local Oktoberfest.
[SHOW]

This is epic. :thumb:

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

wart57 wrote:
[SHOW]
I was wondering where FRBG was today.
Beat me to it.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Mrs. Swirls would be pleased to hear that.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

After letting my beard just do whatever it wanted for the past couple of years, I randomly decided to trim it back down to a #3 guard. It was painful at first but I'm glad I did. In the past month I've bought the Infiniti M35, started keeping my beard trimmed to a nice and neat #3 guard and gone back to using a razor to shave my head every day.

I got asked for my ID by a door guy one night after trimming the beard and he did a double take and made me keep it out to show the girl taking the cover charge at this place because the difference was that much. The picture on my ID was only three weeks old too.

I have to say, it's all been working for me though. I even managed to be a complete dick a couple of weeks ago and stole a girl from her date one night and have been seeing her since! I'm actually just finishing up some work and heading out of here to have a couple of drinks with her now.

The reactions will be interesting tomorrow when I show up for a friends birthday. No only will I not be showing up in an Uber for once but I'll be neatly trimmed, head freshly shaved and have a lady with me. Since I haven't seen a few of these friends in a couple of months with everybody being busy with work and holiday stuff they will not be expecting any of that.