Rant: water well

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: Rant: water well

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

wart57 wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Cutie for sure.
I grew up watching all the old comedies. Give me a good Cary Grant movie, and I am a happy man.

Bringing up Baby and Arsenic and Old lace are two of my favorites.
"If you ain't eating Wham, you ain't eating ham." I knew that was coming from the first breakfast scene. Mr Blandings Dream Home was interesting to watch as a culturl artifact but I genuinely laughed at the well driller (not so funny now!).

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

1000 ft. and nothing (unless I get a miracle call in the next half hour). The driller was nice enough to have us on the hook for only the first 680 (that's the point I first suggested we stop). Everyone who has looked at the well logs in the area - us, the driller, and the bank - have seen deep ones but not dry ones. The bank even allowed us to close on our construction loan before the well was dug.

Looks like we'll be hauling water into our new place until we decide to put money up for another attempt. sigh...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Did you take a look at this website before you drilled baby drilled? Lots of info...you may have already but if not; could be useful.

https://water.usgs.gov/ogw/aquifer/atlas.html

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Does that mean you have to find an alternate place to drill or look for a new lot?

I don't know much about wells other than we have one now that we live in the boonies. We bought an existing house so didn't have to drill - only issue was inspection showed high arsenic levels that had to be treated.

Still adapting to well, septic, propane, geothermal system. All good so far - bills much lower than the 'burbs though haven't had to deal with any maintenance yet. Just wish I had a diagram that shows all the underground stuff before I start digging.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Radbird wrote:Does that mean you have to find an alternate place to drill or look for a new lot?

I don't know much about wells other than we have one now that we live in the boonies. We bought an existing house so didn't have to drill - only issue was inspection showed high arsenic levels that had to be treated.

Still adapting to well, septic, propane, geothermal system. All good so far - bills much lower than the 'burbs though haven't had to deal with any maintenance yet. Just wish I had a diagram that shows all the underground stuff before I start digging.
Jackson County Oregon will allow you to have a cistern and get water deliveries and the bank has already closed on our construction loan so we can stay on the property.

Yesterday they said they finally got to 3/4 to a gallon a minute. So we might be ok. They are letting it sit this weekend and will take a look Monday to see how much has accumulated and test the quality of the water and we'll go from there.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Just run a hose from the Pacific. Or Upper Klamath.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

CardsofSTL wrote:Just run a hose from the Pacific. Or Upper Klamath.
Thought of that but it doesn't quite pencil out. I'll just have my woman go down to the creek a couple times a day.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Just run a hose from the Pacific. Or Upper Klamath.
Thought of that but it doesn't quite pencil out. I'll just have my woman go down to the creek a couple times a day.
Now you're talking like a real man.