GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 24 19, 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: September 24 18, 9:08 am 
tl;dr

Next time I go to Red Lobster I'm going to be smart and just order the cheapest salad and fill up on the biscuits and have no shame about it either.

PostPosted: September 24 18, 9:44 am 
Replies Authoritatively

What is the best thing at Red Lobster that's not biscuits? I recall a flounder with a baked potato and broccoli that was mostly good b/c of the potato and broccoli, and some decent tex-mex-y lobster tacos once.

PostPosted: September 24 18, 11:25 am 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

I just tried to think of the last time I was at a Red Lobster. I’m pretty sure it was in college, sometime around 2003 or 2004. Google says there’s one pretty close to me but I’ve never even noticed it.

PostPosted: September 24 18, 11:28 am 
tl;dr

Shrimp scampi and fried shrimp are never bad in my book. Sure, you can get that anywhere else but that's normally what I get when I'm there. Either that or crab legs. Of course it seems like any time I'm there they have an all you can eat special on one of the two so that's what I go with. I don't even know if they even do the all you can eat crab legs anymore though. It had been years since I'd been at a Red Lobster and they just happened to have the shrimp deal so I figured I'd go with that since it was under $20.

PostPosted: September 24 18, 11:31 am 
tl;dr

Friday night I stopped at Kicker's Corner on South Broadway just because I'd never been there and a friend is working there and I am really glad that I did. Friday is their BBQ day and they had a pork steak with two sides that was really, really good. The pork steak was a good two inches thick and massive. And it was just great and probably over a pound and a half, maybe close to two pounds. I also enjoyed the potato salad and macaroni salad (they have quite a few other choices) but that pork steak was wonderful. The entire plate is more than one person should eat in a meal probably. The crazy thing is that the entire meal was $8.50.

Do I plan on hanging out there to drink after eating often? No. Will I be back there very soon for dinner? Abso-freaking-lutely.

PostPosted: September 24 18, 1:01 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

cardsfansince82 wrote:
I just tried to think of the last time I was at a Red Lobster. I’m pretty sure it was in college, sometime around 2003 or 2004.

Same here. I'm thinking around 1990 for me.

Red Lobster is one of the few casual restaurant chains (think applebees, etc) that is doing well with Millennials and not contracting, so they must be doing something right

PostPosted: September 24 18, 1:20 pm 
tl;dr

Michael wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
I just tried to think of the last time I was at a Red Lobster. I’m pretty sure it was in college, sometime around 2003 or 2004.

Same here. I'm thinking around 1990 for me.

Red Lobster is one of the few casual restaurant chains (think applebees, etc) that is doing well with Millennials and not contracting, so they must be doing something right

I think if anything, it is the one place you can be sure of what you are getting with seafood with respect to price and quality. Is it great seafood? Of course not but it is decent and consistent and they have those dang biscuits. If you are somewhere like St. Louis, getting actual quality seafood is not easy and most likely expensive in the few places that do specialize in seafood other than maybe a piece of salmon, cod, etc. at local places or other chains with respect to seafood. And you don't get those biscuits.

With other casual chains, there are tons of other places that aren't chains and execute the same menu items at a higher quality than a chain so there are many other options that are probably better than the chains at least in a decent sized city. That really isn't the case for seafood unless you are on a coast. That leaves a HUGE chunk of the country that is prime Red Lobster territory.

PostPosted: September 25 18, 5:21 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

I hit up Landry's but mainly because their happy hour here is absurd. I can get Stuffed Shrimp Enbrochette (bacon-wrapped, seafood stuffing, pepper jack,
jalapeños, tomatillo sauce), a mess of steamed mussels and a few pints for 20 bucks.

PostPosted: September 25 18, 6:10 pm 
gone fission

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
I hit up Landry's but mainly because their happy hour here is absurd. I can get Stuffed Shrimp Enbrochette (bacon-wrapped, seafood stuffing, pepper jack,
jalapeños, tomatillo sauce), a mess of steamed mussels and a few pints for 20 bucks.

I wish I could get even just a few pints for $20.

PostPosted: September 26 18, 8:31 am 
Everday Unicorn

Secrets: I've never eaten at Red Lobster.