General work sucks thread...

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
wart57
just can't quit you.

General work sucks thread...

Post by wart57 »

The old General Manager enacted a new dress code about a month ago - we could dress casually for work - including jeans and athletic shoes as long as they are not ripped or dirty - Men still need to wear a collared shirt, but is was a very comfortable dress code. While I spend most of my day in an office, I do need to occasionally go down to the warehouse floor.

Old General Manager got a VP promotion, so he is out of here.

New General Manager officially takes over next week.

He changed the dress code back to business casual - meaning dress slacks and dress shoes again starting Monday.
I [expletive] hate to have to go back to dress shoes - they KILL my plantar fasciitis. I was just finally getting a little relief from constant pain for about 2 years.

Nice dick move as your first official change here...

I know, I am a cry baby snowflake.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: General work sucks thread...

Post by lukethedrifter »

There are plenty of shoes out ther that’ll make your feet look good and feel good. Or get some decent orthotic insoles

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

lukethedrifter wrote:There are plenty of shoes out ther that’ll make your feet look good and feel good. Or get some decent orthotic insoles
I know - but I am broke and don't want to go out and buy anything new!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I have heel pain issues in most dress shoes and have found that by investing in well-supported dress boots that my feet feel great.

I know you don't want to spend, but if you keep them for the next 5 years, they'll be a good investment. I've put some serious miles on these in all kinds of cities and climates over the last 4 years and they still feel great:
https://www.wolverine.com/US/en/harwell ... le&start=1

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

thrill wrote:I have heel pain issues in most dress shoes and have found that by investing in well-supported dress boots that my feet feel great.

I know you don't want to spend, but if you keep them for the next 5 years, they'll be a good investment. I've put some serious miles on these in all kinds of cities and climates over the last 4 years and they still feel great:
https://www.wolverine.com/US/en/harwell ... le&start=1

http://m.lordandtaylor.com/main/Product ... gKmAPD_BwE

13s not available

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I'm in the same boat more or less doing restaurant work. I despise actual dress shoes so I used to spend a lot of money on Danskos, Timberland Pros, Eccos (even wore blacked out Nike Free Rns for a while) etc and then I started wearing some ugly $20 walmart non-slip shoes that I just throw away every six months when they start to fall apart. In the meantime they're great.

As far as pants go I've been wearing Under Armour golf pants lately that have a fully elastic waist and they're way more comfortable than any jeans I own.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Golf pants are extremely comfortable. So are golf shoes these days. When I was a kid they were basically wing-tips with metal spikes. I really wish Foot Joy made regular shoes.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Van Heusen Flex dress pants are awesome. Good price, especially if you get them on sale. They don't feel cheap though and look very professional. Extremely comfortable (stretchy material) and lightweight. Do not wrinkle very easily.

I don't spend a whole lot of my day on my feet, but I don't find most dress shoes extremely uncomfortable as long as they fit. The key for me is going with padded, more athletic style socks that are solid color so they don't stand out as being athletic socks.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I’m not a fan of the new polyester stretch pants. Picked up a pair from Prana. They look good and are initially comfortable but if it’s warm at all they feel ... stuffy... that’s the best description i can come up with. I need some cotton blended in, i think.