Beer

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: Beer

Post by 33anda3rd »

lukethedrifter wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Maybe urban Chicago has a lot more jackasses.
By raw numbers, sure.

We didn't peak in the 1800s so a lot of people live here.

No. But you peaked.
Only replying with Mero GIFs from now on.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I don't feel slighted in the least. Just saying I do not understand what you are talking about with these dicks in Chicago beer bars. Most the people here aren't. pay a visit to 4 Hands Urban Chestnut, 2nd Shift, Rockwell, Schafly, Perennial, Civil Life, Heavy Riff etc and most seem grateful to have these places.

For example 4 Hands has some free skeeball and old school video games, people are chill about it, no one's hoarding it and vulturing over you.
Beer hall seating, never a problem just plopping down next to some other group.

People bring their kids, which in Chicago I am guessing its not cool, little brats starved for attention. Here its normal.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Rockwell seems like yet another solid brewery. Looking forward to the weather changing and sitting outside. Grace Meat + Three etc around the corner, I was impressed. If Beast Bbq opens up down that way as planned, I am going to be down there a whole lot.

Also Perrenial is slated to have 12 taps at Chandler Hill near Defiance, along the Katy Trail, and all that other fun [expletive]. Really looking forward to that.

CoMo's Logboat -Haven't had bad beer from there yet. cowboy me - a black lager has been a good winter beer.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Freed Roger wrote:I don't feel slighted in the least. Just saying I do not understand what you are talking about with these dicks in Chicago beer bars. Most the people here aren't. pay a visit to 4 Hands Urban Chestnut, 2nd Shift, Rockwell, Schafly, Perennial, Civil Life, Heavy Riff etc and most seem grateful to have these places.

For example 4 Hands has some free skeeball and old school video games, people are chill about it, no one's hoarding it and vulturing over you.
Beer hall seating, never a problem just plopping down next to some other group.

People bring their kids, which in Chicago I am guessing its not cool, little brats starved for attention. Here its normal.
The family element might be a big part of it. Most of the neckbearded ding-dongs who spend all their time sitting in taprooms obsessing about beer and bragging about beer they've had and trading beer and being super nerdy about beer are--shocking, I know--young single white dudes, likely single b/c they can't find a female neckbeard who wants to talk about nothing but brett yeast and experimental hops and has no personality otherwise.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Yep, you nailed it -the family/ group element helps bring a bit of levity to these places. And most parts of StL is pretty accessible. Not a big ordeal for people from inner burbs to go to city.

We probably have those neckbeard beer dudes, but they aren't festering in their insular weirdness.

And we aren't Cub fans.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Had a nice Abbey Dubbel at a local brewpub. High ABV, low IBU (I have not yet come to appreciate extreme hoppiness).

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Hilarious! I threw up in my mouth a little, but those are great!