Father-Daughter dances

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Father-Daughter dances

Post by Gashouse »

I find them creepy as hell.

They weren't a thing when I was growing up or in the town we lived in, and they aren't a thing in the Twin Cities. But thanks to the blunders of Facebook, I've seen years' worth of photos of friends and family in Iowa and Missouri going to these things. They get all dressed up. The girls are somewhere between 6-8 y.o. Is it supposed to be some sort of bonding experience? IDK - I think it's creepy.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: Father-Daughter dances

Post by 33anda3rd »

Yes, agreed. Gross. Esp if you're Ivanka.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Hard to remember that far back...i don't recall the one being terrible. But definitely a mom-planned event for the dads since we are supposedly dense.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Funny - I have 4 daughters - the school changed it to the Darling Daughter dance, and Dad's, Moms, Uncles, Grandparents, fifth cousins best friends next door neighbors could come.

I agree, anything that requires a Dad to spend good time showing his daughters how special they are to him is totally creepy.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

wart57 wrote:Funny - I have 4 daughters - the school changed it to the Darling Daughter dance, and Dad's, Moms, Uncles, Grandparents, fifth cousins best friends next door neighbors could come.
That makes it sound even creepier.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
wart57 wrote:Funny - I have 4 daughters - the school changed it to the Darling Daughter dance, and Dad's, Moms, Uncles, Grandparents, fifth cousins best friends next door neighbors could come.
That makes it sound even creepier.
It was changed so that any girl who doesn't have a Dad present in her life could still go to the dance - the Dance continues because the PTA makes money off the dance.