GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 26 19, 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: May 9 19, 9:12 am 
tl;dr

IMADreamer wrote:
They used to dredge it regularly, we liked it because it kept the river lower and barge companies liked it because they had less damage due to hitting stuff under the water because the channel was deeper and the river was cleaner. Sometime in the last decade or so the corp has significantly cut dredging.

Highly cynical and sarcastic response because I honestly don't know where the funding for the CoE comes from but....

THOSE BOMBS AND FANCY NEW FIGHTERS DON'T BUY THEMSELVES!!!!

Edit to add: Also completely not helpful to advance the discussion but I'm at that point where I'm just lost and mad these days.

PostPosted: May 9 19, 2:38 pm 
tl;dr

I really hope that we can break this pattern where it rains every Wednesday/Thursday after this week.

I feel like a jerk for being mad that we have rained out every single Thursday softball game so far this season but I honestly do feel terrible for everybody dealing with the flooding. I remember what my dad and his fiance went through a couple of years ago with that December flood that completely submerged their house off of 141. Not cool at all Mother Nature.