Rant: Business Or Personal

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Rant: Business Or Personal

Post by 33anda3rd »

That thing in like 40% of crime movies where one guy is about to kill another guy that he’s known for a really long time.

And the guy who’s about to get killed is bloody and sweaty and disheveled and usually looking up from a position on the ground and like “I only wanna know...(pant)...one thing...(cough, gasp)...is this business?...(cough)...Or is it personal?”

And the guy eleven times out of ten replies “It’s always business” or “It’s always business, never personal.”

And then he shoots him.

But.

It’s also almost always some combination of business and personal.

If Nino Brown was honest w/ G Money he’d be like “You used to be my best friend and now I can’t trust you. You’re a screw up, it’s pissing me off and it’s bad for work.”

Michael Corleone, were he telling us how he really felt, would be like “Business? Nah. That Solazzo mothergrabber tried to killl my pops, let’s go!!!”

These guys didn’t violate the company’s attendance policy. They didn’t take a gift valued over $50 from a vendor. They didn’t ignore the dress code. They didn’t come to work intoxicated. They didn’t fail to hit their sales numbers or perform poorly on customers satisfaction metrics. They didn’t commit any violations of HR policy. It’s always at least like 50% personal.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: Rant: Business Or Personal

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

It's just business buddy!

:wink:

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

And also doesn't personal trump business and not vice-versa, like shouldn't it be like "....you know what? It's just business, and you've been my friend for ages so I'm gonna help you up and if we have to find a new business so be it, life's too short."?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

33anda3rd wrote:And also doesn't personal trump business and not vice-versa, like shouldn't it be like "....you know what? It's just business, and you've been my friend for ages so I'm gonna help you up and if we have to find a new business so be it, life's too short."?
Brought To You By: The 70's!

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I think these male criminal guys just need to get in touch with their feelings and talk it out. It IS personal, you guys, and you’ve been friends too long to let a slip-up at work be your excuse for a violent and permanent means to end your personal problems. You’re probably just not communicating.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

You've been reading too many Mickey Spillane novels