Coworkers who won't shut up

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Coworkers who won't shut up

Post by JCShutout »

EDIT: Took rant down. I don't disagree with any of it, but just in case so it isn't found by the person.
Last edited by JCShutout on August 8 19, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: Coworkers who won't shut up

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I approve of this rant!

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Now I know how she feels

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Related to this, I've found that with some people who do this type of thing, I can just tune them out and still be capable of having my own thoughts. But in other cases, even if it's not talking but just like tuneless humming or whistling, I cannot filter at all and feel utterly invaded by this person forcing their useless nonsense into my skull. I've never been able to figure out what it is that makes it possible for me to ignore in some case but not in others.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

That’s some high-quality ranting.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Thanks all. Edited the rant away. Probably only 0.1% they would ever find it, but just in case.

They had been in rare form the past two days, and I just needed to let it out.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Arthur Dent wrote:Related to this, I've found that with some people who do this type of thing, I can just tune them out and still be capable of having my own thoughts. But in other cases, even if it's not talking but just like tuneless humming or whistling, I cannot filter at all and feel utterly invaded by this person forcing their useless nonsense into my skull. I've never been able to figure out what it is that makes it possible for me to ignore in some case but not in others.
Once someone gets thru your filter, then your ability to tune them out is diminished. Think about that old apartment -neighbor doing godknowswhat, or playing loud crappy music. At first it isn't that noticeable, but once you notice it you are toast.

My filter doesn't work well when tired in busy season. I thought I had a high tolerance growing up in a household of 10. But had a seasonal co-worker that drove me batty. Not just her talking to herself but singing and eating constantly and overall squirrelliness. She was always jacked up on energy drinks. And she wore a lot of a fragrant lotion. She really was an assault on the senses.

She came in the office in off-season -blood pressure reflexively went up, but not as much.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Whatever the original post is, I probably agree.

The people that kill me are the ones that start a conversation with "How was your weekend (or whatever)"?

And after knowing them, you know they don't give two shinolas about your weekend. They then use the opening to feed you full of whatever they got going on. I usually just try to answer "Fine." then walk away.

I mean, just be real and start the conversation with "Well my weekend sucked and here's why". Why play the stupid game?

The older I get the less I enjoy being around other humans.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I bet this one guy that works for me wishes i would shut up. OTOH if he did his job without having to be told EVERY [expletive] DAY then he wouldn’t have to hear me talk so much.