Derrick Rose

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Derrick Rose

Post by thrill »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
bobby bo wrote: I'm reading your posts. I just don't understand why you're so concerned about the development of an athlete or the ways owners spend their money. If a team owner wants to spend his money on a risky, undeveloped prospect, they should be able to do so.
I dunno, because I'm a fan? I want to see the best product possible? I don't want to see every team with multiple roster spots committed to guys who aren't ready or able to contribute.
So send them to your NBDL affiliate. Make the DL more like the Minor Leagues.
cardsfansince82 wrote: What counts as physically mature in soccer is completely different from basketball. And no, Lebron couldn't have played in the NBA at 16.
You're right, I just wanted to bring up the European Academy System. Also, yes, he could have.
cardsfansince82 wrote:The benefits of the rule are pretty obvious and pretty substantial. Everybody wins except the Josh Selbys of the world. If no one questioned Rose's character or integrity for his time in college we probably aren't even having this discussion.
No they aren't. You seriously believe having a few rookies a year who couldn't contribute seriously affected the overall quality of the NBA? Barely if at all. The only difference is now there are 19 year old bums on your roster instead of 18 year old bums. So what if Josh Selby is a bum in a Bullets uniform instead of a bum in a Grizzlies uniform? Teams should scout better. If scouting is that hard, owners should bargain to reduce rookie contracts (which they've done successfully) to decrease risk and cap commitment. They should increase the use of the NBDL to develop players.
cardsfansince82 wrote:That is pretty extreme. What is the difference between "athletic scholarships" and "academic scholarships to people who want to play sports"?
The only scholarships a university could give out are academic scholarships. If you get one based on your academic performance, and you also happen to be good enough to play on their football team, then good for you.

What this argument comes down to is that some people like pseudo amateur sports and some people would rather watch professionals who get paid to perform. If you're one of the people who like something that allows people like Joe Paterno or Mike Krezweskaiesixksi to amass absurd amounts of power over their employers and communities or someone who likes a sport that can have two teams go 8 minutes without hitting a shot in it's championship game or someone who enjoys seeing slick huckster cheaters like John Calipari hang velcro banners or Nick Saban win championship after championship, then you're never going to be on my side of the argument and I understand that. I really do because despite all of the ridiculous things I just posted, there are a lot of really great things about college sports that I just don't care about but people who do have a lot of fun doing so.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

bobby bo wrote:
BW23 wrote:Has Rose signed his huge sneaker deal? My boss, originally from Chicago and a huge Bulls fan, said that Rose would make the most money ever wearing shoes and not having to speak during commercials. At least that he shouldn't.
I don't know if it's signed or not, but it's rumored to be $250,000,000.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1003 ... to-be-good
Oh my! I didn't realize it was that much! That's a ton of money for someone that won't have the personality for some components of the marketing.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

moving this to the Derrick Rose rave thread...
bobby bo wrote:K.C Johnson @KCJHoop
When @csnbullsinsider asked DRose most disappointing part of loss, DRose took 12 seconds (12 seconds!) to compose himself to answer. #Bulls

K.C Johnson @KCJHoop
DRose: "I will never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game. I can’t wait to play them again." #Bulls

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Disappointing is a hard word to 'cipher for Derrick.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Disappointing is a hard word to 'cipher for Derrick.
He's just such a great guy that he was composing his most SFW answer.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:moving this to the Derrick Rose rave thread...
bobby bo wrote:K.C Johnson @KCJHoop
When @csnbullsinsider asked DRose most disappointing part of loss, DRose took 12 seconds (12 seconds!) to compose himself to answer. #Bulls

K.C Johnson @KCJHoop
DRose: "I will never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game. I can’t wait to play them again." #Bulls

After seeing the video, this is a really bizarre statement. I'm not sure what D-Rose is talking about.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Socnorb11 wrote: After seeing the video, this is a really bizarre statement. I'm not sure what D-Rose is talking about.
Yeah it was fine. He's just inventing shadows for motivation a la Jordan.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Whew. I thought he might be getting complacent after winning all of those rings.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I think this is great.
Derrick Rose has signed the second biggest deal in shoe history.

The Chicago Bulls guard just inked a new contract with Adidas estimated to be worth $260 million over 14-years, according to a report by CSNChicago.com.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/D ... z1nSFOUELv
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/D ... 34283.html

http://www.suntimes.com/10882347-417/de ... ssing.html

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Derrick Rose Face fills me with so much joy. Especially next to LeBron's clowning. I think I just OD'd on humble.

“I can dance,” Rose said after the game. “But there’s a time and place for that. And I don’t think that it was then and there.”

I love you, basketball robot.