GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 28 14, 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Minor League Assignments
PostPosted: March 28 12, 6:00 pm 
Offline
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming
User avatar

Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm
Posts: 7609
Looks like the Cards are going to start Tavares as a teenager at AA. That's generally reserved for the elite prospects.

Wong is also going to start at AA.

I may OD on prospecteryness.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 28 12, 6:14 pm 
Offline
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 16669
Location: Best Fan in Baseball
AWESOME!! I assume Miller is headed to AAA and Kelly will stay at AA. What about Cox? Jenkins/Swagerty?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 28 12, 8:32 pm 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: July 23 08, 2:36 pm
Posts: 1465
I was pumping last year that Tavares and Wong go to AA to start the season...I was made fun of for the thought. :(...LOL

The new beat writer for the Cards thought that Kelly would go to Memphis...Joe thought Springfield earlier...so I asked him on twitter on Tuesday and He said he had no clue at this point. Heard Swags starts at Springfield on the DL due to bone spurs????

Jenkins I think High A

I think I read that there is a good chance that Cox goes to Memphis as well.

AWvsCB don't know about you but I am pumped about Wong, and Oscar in Springfield...they make a trip to Little Rock in early May!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 28 12, 10:15 pm 
Online
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 7865
Location: Quad Cities
Slider wrote:
Jenkins I think High A


Rats. I hope you are wrong. Being selfish, I wanted to see him here in QC at least for a brief stint. If he starts at high A, I hope he can hang there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 29 12, 7:00 am 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: July 23 08, 2:36 pm
Posts: 1465
Here is the link where Jennifer Langosch (new cards beat writer) projects where players will start.

Pioneer I told you wrong she has him pegged at QC

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/a ... l&c_id=stl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 29 12, 7:05 am 
Offline
gone fission
User avatar

Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Posts: 5429
Location: Columbia, SC
pioneer98 wrote:
Slider wrote:
Jenkins I think High A


Rats. I hope you are wrong. Being selfish, I wanted to see him here in QC at least for a brief stint. If he starts at high A, I hope he can hang there.


Jenkins will start at Low-A Quad Cities - he'e still incredibly raw as a prospect. He surpassed all expectations last year at Johnson City, but keep in mind he's only been devoted full-time to pitching for a couple years. It's actually possible that the Front Office has him start the year at EST and then go to Batavia, but I think it's more likely he'll start at Quad Cities.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 29 12, 2:31 pm 
Offline
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 16669
Location: Best Fan in Baseball
Swirls wrote:

Jenkins will start at Low-A Quad Cities -

I don't know if you knew this for a fact, but Jenkins tweet about an hour ago confirms it.

"TyrellJenkins14:Gonna spend all day washing clothes and packing!! Quad Cities Bound..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 29 12, 2:56 pm 
Offline
gone fission
User avatar

Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Posts: 5429
Location: Columbia, SC
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Swirls wrote:

Jenkins will start at Low-A Quad Cities -

I don't know if you knew this for a fact, but Jenkins tweet about an hour ago confirms it.

"TyrellJenkins14:Gonna spend all day washing clothes and packing!! Quad Cities Bound..."


No, I did not know for a fact - just speculation. Granted, it was educated speculation based on how the system has handled incredibly raw pitchers in the past. I probably should have said "I believe he will start at QC" rather than stated it as fact.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 29 12, 7:14 pm 
Online
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 7865
Location: Quad Cities
Sweet, and it looks like we get to see Robert Stock also try to pitch. Should be entertaining.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 30 12, 11:04 am 
Offline
-go birds
User avatar

Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Posts: 18160
Quote:
@dgoold: Tyler Lyons is set to make start for Class AA Springfield vs. big-league #Cardinals on Monday in Mo. Trevor Rosenthal will be in AA rotation



Quote:
@dgoold: Also: 2011 draft picks Tilson, McElroy and Jeffries all set to start the year in extended spring training. #stlcards #stlminors #cardinals


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group