Minor League Assignments

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Minor League Assignments

Post by phins »

Looks like the Cards are going to start Tavares as a teenager at AA. That's generally reserved for the elite prospects.

Wong is also going to start at AA.

I may OD on prospecteryness.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Minor League Assignments

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

AWESOME!! I assume Miller is headed to AAA and Kelly will stay at AA. What about Cox? Jenkins/Swagerty?

Slider
All-Star

Post by Slider »

I was pumping last year that Tavares and Wong go to AA to start the season...I was made fun of for the thought. :(...LOL

The new beat writer for the Cards thought that Kelly would go to Memphis...Joe thought Springfield earlier...so I asked him on twitter on Tuesday and He said he had no clue at this point. Heard Swags starts at Springfield on the DL due to bone spurs????

Jenkins I think High A

I think I read that there is a good chance that Cox goes to Memphis as well.

AWvsCB don't know about you but I am pumped about Wong, and Oscar in Springfield...they make a trip to Little Rock in early May!

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Slider wrote:Jenkins I think High A
Rats. I hope you are wrong. Being selfish, I wanted to see him here in QC at least for a brief stint. If he starts at high A, I hope he can hang there.

Slider
All-Star

Post by Slider »

Here is the link where Jennifer Langosch (new cards beat writer) projects where players will start.

Pioneer I told you wrong she has him pegged at QC

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/a ... l&c_id=stl

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

pioneer98 wrote:
Slider wrote:Jenkins I think High A
Rats. I hope you are wrong. Being selfish, I wanted to see him here in QC at least for a brief stint. If he starts at high A, I hope he can hang there.
Jenkins will start at Low-A Quad Cities - he'e still incredibly raw as a prospect. He surpassed all expectations last year at Johnson City, but keep in mind he's only been devoted full-time to pitching for a couple years. It's actually possible that the Front Office has him start the year at EST and then go to Batavia, but I think it's more likely he'll start at Quad Cities.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Swirls wrote:
Jenkins will start at Low-A Quad Cities -
I don't know if you knew this for a fact, but Jenkins tweet about an hour ago confirms it.

"TyrellJenkins14:Gonna spend all day washing clothes and packing!! Quad Cities Bound..."

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Swirls wrote:
Jenkins will start at Low-A Quad Cities -
I don't know if you knew this for a fact, but Jenkins tweet about an hour ago confirms it.

"TyrellJenkins14:Gonna spend all day washing clothes and packing!! Quad Cities Bound..."
No, I did not know for a fact - just speculation. Granted, it was educated speculation based on how the system has handled incredibly raw pitchers in the past. I probably should have said "I believe he will start at QC" rather than stated it as fact.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Sweet, and it looks like we get to see Robert Stock also try to pitch. Should be entertaining.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

@dgoold: Tyler Lyons is set to make start for Class AA Springfield vs. big-league #Cardinals on Monday in Mo. Trevor Rosenthal will be in AA rotation
@dgoold: Also: 2011 draft picks Tilson, McElroy and Jeffries all set to start the year in extended spring training. #stlcards #stlminors #cardinals