Boston Sports Fans

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Boston Sports Fans

Post by tlombard »

I know all fan bases have idiots like these and they are (likely) the minority but Boston fans in general were already in the top 3 of fan bases that I really dislike but I think they have to be number one now. I just want to punch anyone I see in a Bruins jersey. Thankfully there is very little chance of me seeing one around today in St. Louis.

http://chirpstory.com/li/6781#

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: Boston Sports Fans

Post by JackofDiamonds »

You don't even know.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

That is sad because I've been telling myself that the percentage of Boston fans like that is very small so that my hate for all things Boston doesn't overflow. These people who posted this stuff need to just pile on a boat and head somewhere else... and take Bill Simmons with them.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I sat next to the stupidest Cardinal fan I have ever met in my life at Wrigley the other night. If he wasn't wearing a Cards jacket and hat I would have sworn he was from Chicago. He had almost a Chicago accent except he told me he lived right off of FARty. FARty FAR. FARth inning.

I didn't know St. Louis people had it in them to be so dumb and so obnoxious. I [expletive] you not he kept saying our strategy should be to hit it over the fence instead of to the outfielders. When Holliday did it in the 8th he seemed genuinely pleased that the team listened to him, and that his strategy worked.

I think all fan bases must have bad and good ones. I personally really enjoyed my one day at Fenway.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

jim wrote:I personally really enjoyed my one day at Fenway.
As did hubby and me. We went the year the Cardinals played both the Sox and Yankees. Saw one game at each ballpark. The Boston fans couldn't have been nicer to us.

As for tlomard's link, there are [expletive] clueless idiots everywhere.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

Ha. I lived in Boston way back in 1993, just after returning from Budapest. The accent was a bit of a shock.

I remember being a party and talking hockey with some local. When I told him I was a Blues' fan, he tried to explain to me how the Blues would never, ever win because Bobby Orr broke their back with his Superman dive.

WTF? That was like in 1967. Most of the Blues players weren't even born then.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

Well, my ex, from Boston, was super racist. Not the type that goes around saying the n word and such, the type that says she's not racist yet is terrified of black people and would yell at me whenever I'd start chatting with a stranger if they were black.

My experience in Boston is that it's mostly white. I think they like to think they're not racist just because they don't have to attempt to coincide with people who are different than themselves.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

The kid is in Boston visiting potential grad schools and checking it out. She wants to move there this summer/fall.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

Radbird wrote:The kid is in Boston visiting potential grad schools and checking it out. She wants to move there this summer/fall.
It's probably me favorite NE city. I just don't like a lot of the people. (I did meet plenty of super cool people when I spent a month there for work, though)

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I love Boston, one of my fav. U.S. cities. But the climate is just stupid. There is no way I could live there. A week in the summer ... definitely.