Hungary Jack wrote:
Here is one authority's take on Albert's drought. Albert comes off the sauce.
The comments are worth a laugh.
My friends, this is the baseball equivalent of the Stations of the Cross.
1. Pujols signs with the Angels.
2. Pujols comes off the sauce.
3. Pujols is homerless throughout most of April.
4. Pujols meets with Deidre before entering the Angels locker room.
5. Pujols is mocked by Angels fans en route to the on-deck circle.
6. Simon the bat boy hands Pujols a bat.
7. Veronica the bat girl mops Pujols' brow with a towel.
8. Pujols trips on route to the plate.
9. Pujols is booed by those Angels fans not texting or watching the Lakers game on their smartphones.
10. Pujols' age, strikeout rate, walk rate, and comments in the past few months are all scrutinized.
11. Pujols strikes out.
12. A hand-painted "Let's see an Al-bomb!" sign is taken down in left field by a saddened fan.
13. Pujols is booed en route to the dugout.
14. Pujols takes a seat on the bench.